• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Howdy from Sam Rayburn Lake in East Texas

JetSkiff

Reaction score
Deep East Texas on Sam Rayburn Lake, United States
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Hello everyone,

New member here and looking for some advice, help and suggestions as I get started in the activity of owning a waterjet boat. I am real early in building a jetboat just for fishing here on the lake and some local rivers. Speed is not a priority so I am concentrating on the design of the boat and the combination of the engine and jet pump. I have just purchased a used Yamaha Wave Raider 700 jet pump complete and will do a complete clean and over haul of this unit.

I have two questions to start with:
1) Who is the best supplier ( or suppliers ) of parts for maintaining the jet pump?
2) What is the RPM that you operate your jet pump at "say" normal cruising speed?

Thank you in advance,
JetSkiff