• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Howdy - Not a 2015 after all

Pointblank

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well, 39 posts into talking about 2015s and holding out for what seems like an eternity, I ended up pulling the trigger on a 2014 242 Limited S last week. I couldn't get past the nearly 30% premium dealers wanted locally (MSRP + $2,995 prep fee? lol) with no delivery date in sight.

Enter the 2014 242 Limited S and its silver lining: leftover pricing has dropped considerably (< $50k) and with the 2.99% rate, it has to be one of the best values out there. My thinking is grab one now if that appeals to you because once they're gone, 242s are north of $60k from here on out. I also scored a 5-year YES warranty near cost and an upgrade to a galvanized trailer at no cost. What better reason for a road trip to neighboring Alabama?

Rationalization aside, very excited to be here and I'm still looking forward to seeing your 2015 pictures. As for the 2014, let the upgrades commence!

2014_242_limited_s__new__1.JPG 2014_242_limited_s__new__2.JPG 2014_242_limited_s__new__3.JPG

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Congratulations! She is a beauty, you will love her.

Pointblank

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
First order of business: get rid of those decals. Yep, all of them: twin engine, high output, 242 Limited S, and especially the side graphics. Yamaha can stay. Might as well knock out a few of the warning labels, too.

Before...
decal-before.JPG
decal-before2.JPG
decal-before3.JPG

Let's begin...

decal-debadge-1.JPG decal-debadge-2.JPG decal-debadge-3.JPG decal-debadge-4.JPG

There's no salvaging the larger graphics. However, the rest are set aside on wax paper (credit to wife for idea) in the unlikely event that they're ever needed again.
decal-debadge-6.JPG
decal-debadge-5.JPG

Finished product: less is more?
decal-after2.JPG

decal-after1.JPG

Pointblank

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Second order of business: Sea Dek. Thanks @JetBoatPilot! Mocha over black. Even on a new boat, removing Hydro Turf sucks. Removed the carpet snaps and filled the holes with 3M 5200 marine sealant FTW. Cleaned all surfaces with acetone before starting and picked up a handy tip from YouTube about scoring the peel-away backings with a razor to make things a little easier.

2014-09-14_seadek_f1.JPG 2014-09-14_seadek_f4.JPG 2014-09-14_seadek_r1.JPG 2014-09-14_seadek_r2.JPG 2014-09-14_seadek_s1.JPG 2014-09-14_seadek_s2a.JPG 2014-09-14_seadek_sp.JPG

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Awesome boat. Congrats on the new toy!!!

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
WOW !!!!!!!!!!
Nice !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love all of the photos, @Pointblank !

How'd ya like "The Man" ?
Of course I am talking about Randy Morris, Wedowee Marine ? !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hoping to hear lots more from you, and your Makin' Memories Dayz with your Yammie !
Best Wishes, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

PS - Can't tell ya the many times I have filled up @ that same Chevron at the intersection of AL9 and Hwy 431 for "cheap gas !"

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Congratulations. From the pictures it looks like the lake is in your backyard.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Second order of business: Sea Dek. Thanks @JetBoatPilot! Mocha over black. Even on a new boat, removing Hydro Turf sucks. Removed the carpet snaps and filled the holes with 3M 5200 marine sealant FTW. Cleaned all surfaces with acetone before starting and picked up a handy tip from YouTube about scoring the peel-away backings with a razor to make things a little easier.

View attachment 12180 View attachment 12181 View attachment 12182 View attachment 12183 View attachment 12184 View attachment 12185 View attachment 12186
Can we get some digital copies of these photos for the website?

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Congratulations. Looks like you didn't waste any time with the mods... congrats again on the beautiful boat.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Love it.....I think I would have kept the stripe though. Interior looks awesome.

BravoMike

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Great looking boat! I like the CLEAN look without the decals. Have taken all the warning decals off mine, think I will take the graphics off the sides.

Texasjet

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Congrats on the new ride PB. Mods look great. Thanks for sharing the pics. Noticed your in Texas too. What part? I'm from Houston but currently live in Corpus Christi. What dealer did you buy from?

TXJet

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Pointblank @Texasjet update your profile with your city name and it will automatically transfer over to the user map also,

boat looks great, congratulations!

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bitchin ride. . . . . . Congratulations.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
She is a beaut! Congrats!

Pointblank

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks for the kind words, guys. She still hasn't been on the water though the kids have already had their fair share of time exploring it in the driveway. Keeping my fingers crossed that the stars will align this weekend.

@Texasjet - Houston here.

@MikeyL - Very cool seeing your place on HGTV. Alabama must have a good dealer network because it wasn't Wedowee. :)

@buckbuck - Sharp eye...that's water alright...now if I can just get the boat in it!

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Pointblank - Many Thanks for your kind remarks.
Yeah, talked to Randy Morris after you posted, and he told me there is an Alabama dealer down on the coast near you.
Wishing you many memorable days on the water in your great new boat !
Blessed Wishes your way - Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA