• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hudson River

sandtiago83

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am sure a lot of you’s have traveled the Hudson River and it looks like an amazing trip to take. So my question is really how hard is it to navigate it from the Liberty state marina. Is there a lot of low spots to run aground? Is it choppy and any restaurant anyone recommend. I want to go there Thursday for the first time and just wanted to see how hard it will be to navigate on my 19ft boat . Thanks

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I boated and stored a boat in liberty state park with no chartplotter back in the days. Hudson is well maintained cause of the ferry's and huge container ship coming in and out. Other than the boat ramp breakwater jetty at the park (if you are launching there) that is submerged on high tide, it parallel the shore make sure you clear that before making a turn, I can almost guaranteed you never hit ground. However, I still would highly recommend buying a Chartplotter for your boat to take out the guess work. 3 loud a** horn, means a ferry is moving out of dock stay clear, even if theyre large they move quick.1664804841816.png

sandtiago83

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for the information. Good to know before I go out. I have a chart plotter coming in soon . This is just a last trip for the season

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Also unless you want to get confronted with Coast Guard with machine guns pointed at you, stay away from Liberty Statue island, you cant dock there or get close i believe you have to be 500 yards away cant remember exactly how far and dont ask why I know [flag]

lrak

Reaction score
Boat Make
Kawasaki
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Other
If you know how to read a chart, you can just your phone to navigate. Both Liberty and Ellis Islands are restricted areas marked by buoys.

All hazards, shallows and restricted areas should be clearly marked on a recent chart like this one.
Ellis Island Chart

ellis_chart.png