• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Humminbird helix 10 side imaging transducer placement

Kahuna Khris

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hello FSHrs
There are many posts about transducer placement and problems associated to them on our boats. It gets very confusing with the different brands, SI, non-SI etc.
I am trying to keep this thread very specific to humminbird SI transducer placement. Lets see where it goes. Any tried and true placements that really work?

Earfixr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I had to hang one on each side of the jet and use a Y cable to combine the signals. One shoots right and one shoots left. You'll need another shoot-thru xducer for depth readings while on plane connected to another Y cable. Just make sure it's in a good spot for a clean reading. Opposite the factory thru-hull speedo worked well for me. You'll love your Helix 10 but I'd suggest a Navionics Platinum + chip for where you fish because the stock map sucks.

Kahuna Khris

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I had to hang one on each side of the jet and use a Y cable to combine the signals. One shoots right and one shoots left. You'll need another shoot-thru xducer for depth readings while on plane connected to another Y cable. Just make sure it's in a good spot for a clean reading. Opposite the factory thru-hull speedo worked well for me. You'll love your Helix 10 but I'd suggest a Navionics Platinum + chip for where you fish because the stock map sucks.
Thanks Fixr. I know it takes time and effort to respond to these posts so hopefully I can pay it forward. Do you have pics of your setup? I'll show the installer so there are no misunderstandings. I dont have a lot of confidence in them yet for a variety of reasons but they are the only game around. It was a new design for them when I bought it in 2016 and few of the previous Yamaha jet boats had these issues as they were non- fishing versions. I have attached pics of my setup for your critique.IMG_1647.JPGIMG_1648.JPG IMG_1649.JPG

Earfixr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That's perfect. Same set up I have except my stealership forgot the stern saver blocks that we planned for. And mine are 2" out of level. I share your lack of faith in your guys. I'd swear the HR policy at GSPS is "hire the handicap; they're fun to watch". The list of things they forgot and/or screwed up were painful.

Last edited:

j_shoe99

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
(not to hack your thread, but)
I'll be mounting a Helix 5 SI unit soon too. Has anyone had success with the single transducer, versus having to install a 2nd and 3rd tranducer?

Did you run your power wire of the unit directly to the boat battery? Or thru an accessory switch at the helm?

Kahuna Khris

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
(not to hack your thread, but)
I'll be mounting a Helix 5 SI unit soon too. Has anyone had success with the single transducer, versus having to install a 2nd and 3rd tranducer?

Did you run your power wire of the unit directly to the boat battery? Or thru an accessory switch at the helm?
Through accessory switch

j_shoe99

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks for the info.

I drilled a 3/4" hole thru the console, and ran the cables thru. Hooked up the wires per your advice above, and it works great. Now I just need to figure out how to mount the dual transducers, or more importantly, how to run the cables thru the hull with as little damage as possible. I'm leary on drilling holes below the waterline.

Last edited:

LawRenceAr190

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
4 years late but this is how I did mine. So far it does ok. Need a little more adjusting but trolling at 2-3 mph does fantastic. Depth, si, and di scanning does ok 20+mph. This is my first fish finder and first install so still trying to figure things out.

Attachments