• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

SOLD Hydrohoist B Model side tie lift 6000#

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I wanted to put a feeler out to see if there is any interest I have a 6000# (at least that's what I was told) Hydrohoist side tie model b lift possibly for sale as I think I'm going to move up to a Harborhoist. This unit floats and the controls and air pumps all work. The metal brackets will require a some work as I noticed they are starting to show signs of corrosion. Basic work That would need to be completed by purchaser would be two new side bars to attach to dock and new clamps around the floats to hold the bunks to the floats the rest could probably be worked with but maybe worth replacing the bunk set up as well. The good news is this is cheap $1500 and it is yours so even if you repaced all the metal work you would have a great lift system cheap. You would have to transport form Myrtle Beach to your location and you would be responsible for removing it from its current location as well. I will try and get some pics up shortly.

Last edited:

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got you message @Mainah it wouldn’t be a fast process as I will have to gain approval from my marina to have it moved as well it would likely not be till the first or second week of June before it could be moved. I did edit my post above as I just reread it and it was a little confusing sorry. I do not plan to do any work to it and the repairs that are needed would need to be completed by purchaser. The minimum it needs at least is one (I would replace both) of the side bars replaced that hold it to the dock and the front two clamps that hold it to the floats need the lower part of the clamp replaced beyond that I think the rest is probably ok but do not make any guarantee's. I will get the dimensions I think it is 24 ft long by 10 ft but will need to verify it. In this pic I have highlighted the items I would replace.

liftfix.jpg

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Those are difficult to move any distance. I'd look at selling locally in your marina.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Those are difficult to move any distance. I'd look at selling locally in your marina.
Thanks I figured I would throw it on here first if I get no bites I will post locally. There are several large lakes and members less then 300 miles from me so figured it wouldn't be a big deal for one of them to transport it on a flatbed trailer that distance.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sold kind of for the fair price of a push button start system hopefully @Mainah has no further issues that was fun getting from the dock to the trailer.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thank goodness for the bridge. My brother and I were able to spend hours taking it apart in the shade and got it down to a 24 foot long by 8.5 foot wide package without cutting too much. I will take photos of it all strapped down to the boat trailer this weekend. Repair and fabrication starts this weekend @Rob9550 house. The vast majority of the metal frame is not salvageable. Since I got such a great price it looks like an excuse to buy a 200 amp TIG welder and rebuild out of aluminum.

Good luck to @robert843 on finding the lift he wants without getting taken to the cleaners.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Spent the better part of the day @Rob9550 house starting to bring the lift back to life. A lot more is salvageable then I thought after pressure washing for hours (thanks so much Rob) and taking inventory. Grinding, metal fabrication, welding, fiberglassing, painting, and compound buffing will still be required with lots more work to go. Here are some photos of it loaded on the trailer before we started the day. For size reference those fiberglass floats are 24’ long and 23” in diameter. Some photos of a mass of metal anode covered in very think gunk that probally could not do its job and lead to the the crazy corrosion on the steel c channel it is attached to. Those of you that have lifts should most certainly clean, grind, or replace your anodes regularly so they can continue to do their job.

Will do a couple of updates as progress is made. With any luck this will look almost like a new lift with my boat on it before the 4th of July.

Attachments

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length