• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

I bought a 2007 Cobalt instead of an AR250.....

ourlee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
I was asked to follow up with the team on my recent boat purchase so thought I’d post my journey here if ok with everyone.
Last week we received our 2007 Cobalt 250 from Florida after months of shopping and coming within hours of putting down a deposit on a $62k AR250. We woke up the morning I was heading up to Patsys super stressed out, realizing we just couldn’t handle the financials.
So we debated endlessly about sub $40k surf boat vs pontoon vs cabin cruiser vs bow rider runabout. We even considered a surf boat for sons and me (02-06 Tige/centurion) and a runabout for her. If we went this route Son2 said he’d pay the dock fee for the surf boat, which was a solid move I thought. This was what I really wanted to do but Son2 has been working remotely in LA with Son1 and we‘re unsure he’s moving back to Philly anytime soon so sons and dad vs Moms on the surf plan was losing its power:) An affordable boat with a head was the only must have per Moms and she was slowly winning me over.
So armed with the knowledge that the surf boats with heads were too expensive (X-55) too rare (05 Malibu 25’) and too scary (Mastercraft X-80 twin) I resigned myself to a head for her and a big block V8 for me. We found this barn kept 250 in Pensacola, offered by Legendary Marine for $36,400. We added a new aluminum trailer for $5k and now we’re both happy. Specs are 27’, 435 pampered hours, a 375 hp 496 Merc, a newish bravo 3.......and a head. We’re moving to Dewey Beach in a few years and we wanted a boat that could work on the bay. Overall I’m very happy, I negotiated a tower with Moms before we pulled the trigger and I’m holding her to it. I HATE Bimini contraptions so we’ll add one to the new tower next spring. I’m leaning stainless Monster tower to try and preserve the classic lines.
So if you see us on hopat, say hi and receive one of these, we’ll have plenty.

Cheers,
Rick in NJ

Last edited:

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Wow, a perfect example of the term “showroom new” it looks like.....and that design/colors/etc. has certainly aged well.

Congrat’s on the new boat!

Does it have trim tabs?

Cyclonegrey

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It’s a beaut! Best of luck with it!! See you on the water!

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Nice looking boat - enjoy! That should cut some pretty clean wakeboard edges.

ourlee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
Wow, a perfect example of the term “showroom new” it looks like.....and that design/colors/etc. has certainly aged well.

Congrat’s on the new boat!

Does it have trim tabs?
Yes! And they work lol. Speedo and trim gauges do not work. The boys on cobalt chat are super helpful and DAMN you should see some of their homes and boat houses. I’m most def barely allowed in this club lol.
It’s a beaut! Best of luck with it!! See you on the water!
Let's make sure that happens. I was telling moms about my new local bro up on greenwood so next summer well meet you up there with the waverunners. Your kids old enough to operate them?

ourlee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
Nice looking boat - enjoy! That should cut some pretty clean wakeboard edges.
You should see the GIANT areas on either side of the Merc for bags. GIANT
ill snap a pic today.

Last edited:

Paulie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That's a Beauty! Congrats! It's hard to beat the quality of a cobalt.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I want something that rumbles

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think I'm in LOVE!!!!................ with the Arctic Cat green fenders!🤪

It's a SHARP looking boat too!👍

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Gorgeous, congrats!!!

Brad460

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Nice looking boat!

Regarding the wakeboard tower- doesn’t appear to be a flat area along the top of the boat to mount it. And the towers that mount to the outer surface look terrible.

Thinking your boat looks better without a tower..

ourlee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
Nice looking boat!

Regarding the wakeboard tower- doesn’t appear to be a flat area along the top of the boat to mount it. And the towers that mount to the outer surface look terrible.

Thinking your boat looks better without a tower..
Looks after function (or something like that)

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Awesome color and boat..Great Choice..Good Luck! They are classy..

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
There are a few brands that are pure examples of timeless and Cobalt is one of the few. Very nice looking boat!

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think you made a very analytically wise decision. Freakin sweet ass boat. We are in same situation. We want something that we can sleep on. Another year or 2 and some more college paid for I'm planning on pulling the trigger on a used Sea Ray 330 or a little larger if I can find the right deal.