• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

I Destroyed my speedometer

luisyamaha

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I hit a rock or something and the small wheel on the speedo broke. I believe the housing also is broken and linking water. I will have to replace the entire sensor including the housing. I would like to know if you guys has replace it yourselft on the yamaha and where I can find this sensor?.

My Boat:
AR210 Yamaha 2012

I appreciate any help..

Thank you,

Luis

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Not the answer you are looking for, but I am spoiled with this purchased

No wheel sensor, GPS based.

luisyamaha

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok but I need to fix the leaking on the old sensor and that is what I need help with.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
A picture would be helpful,

How is it leaking? did the mounting bracket crack the hull? did it rip the wire out and water is leaking in through the hole?

I think a 3M 5200 product would be best to seal the hull,

If it was me I think I may just upgrade my depthfinder/chartplotter and depend on that for speed,

luisyamaha

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The little wheel broke and when I took the boat out I can see some water leaking around the sensor housing.

Luis

motomandan

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The little wheel broke and when I took the boat out I can see some water leaking around the sensor housing.

Luis
It is an Airmar transducer. You should have a blank plug that came with the boat. While it is out of the water pull the pin out then pull the transducer out. Inspect the thruhull for damage. Put some silicon grease like Super Lube on the Plugs O ring and install it. Follow the wire to the helm. unplug it from the Connext. Take it to West Marine and have them mach it up or just order one from Yamaha. If the thruhull is damaged it will need to be replaced. Pretty simple job. Remove the backing nut. Step on the thruhull and push it out. Reinstall using 3M 4200.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Is that American Money? $400??

luisyamaha

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Hi motomandan,

Thank you for the advise but this is my issue. I open my swin platform remove the cover and I can see the traducer all the way on the bottom, not impossible but very hard to reach. I can only touch since there is a big tank on top , looks like it is part of the exhaust system but it does not let me reach the sensor completely. I believe I have to remove the sensor and the thuhull but I do not think I will be able to do it myself.

motomandan

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hi motomandan,

Thank you for the advise but this is my issue. I open my swin platform remove the cover and I can see the traducer all the way on the bottom, not impossible but very hard to reach. I can only touch since there is a big tank on top , looks like it is part of the exhaust system but it does not let me reach the sensor completely. I believe I have to remove the sensor and the thuhull but I do not think I will be able to do it myself.
Got to hang upside down!

Gunner

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For 400 bucks I would live with the plug for ever. You can buy a chartplotter for that money.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't think that is the right part. OP has a 2012 boat and described a wheeled unit.

My 2012 has a GPS speedometer, but it is an AR240, not an AR210.

And I have a hard time believing that a wheeled speedometer unit is $400... But I probably have seen worse.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
...that said, I just went and tried to look it up myself and found the same thing, but that does not look like a wheel...

Edited to add: @luisyamaha , are you sure you don't have a 2011?

motomandan

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I don't think that is the right part. OP has a 2012 boat and described a wheeled unit.

My 2012 has a GPS speedometer, but it is an AR240, not an AR210.

And I have a hard time believing that a wheeled speedometer unit is $400... But I probably have seen worse.
That is the Parts list for his boat. He said the wheel was broke and was leaking around it. If it is just the wheel that can be bought separate. But not from Yamaha. It has to be purchased from Airmar. I was in the business for 15 yrs. Parts are expensive.

motomandan

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
...that said, I just went and tried to look it up myself and found the same thing, but that does not look like a wheel...

Edited to add: @luisyamaha , are you sure you don't have a 2011?
If you zoom in you can see the paddlewheel sticking out the bottom of it.

CA Sterling Archer

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last edited: