• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

I got HOW MUCH oil out of my MR1 engine?

JetPowered

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
So the starboard engine has only allowed me the privilege of extracting exactly one quart. I even pulled the lanyard and kicked the engine over a few revolutions to see if it would pump more. The engines are more or less level front to back but not side to side. I'm going to see if I can get it leveled out. Guess I'll be bringing all of my oil change supplies to the lake with me this weekend.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
what was the level on your dipstick when you started ? maybe you were low to begin with.

JetPowered

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Well that is the most obvious answer. However the last I checked it was overfilled enough to the point it has oiled the intake. This mornings level check showed just a bit on the tip of the dipstick. Subsequent checks returned dry. I'll add in the one quart plus another half until I can get it on the water and properly running then top off.

JetPowered

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Found the missing oil on the starboard. It was hiding somewhere in the engine. Added about about 2 quarts back, just barely touch the bottom on the dipstick in the tank. Decided to warm it up, then check the level shortly after shut down. Holy shit, I popped the cap off and the oil was AT THE TOP. Had to a wait about 5 minutes for air bubbles to purge to bring the level back down. Measured half way up the stick, WAY above the FULL line. Sigh. Went ahead and extracted all the oil again since it was clear that the oil I saw looked used and dirty. I pulled 3.5 quarts this time. Getting ready to try it again. Level again just at the bottom of the stick.

I'll have a beer in hand this time. May be late getting to the lake tomorrow.

lol.

Last edited:

JetPowered

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Refilled and rechecked. Only added 2.5 quarts. Above the F line when warm. Will draw down a little more. At least the oil is now that nice golden color not the black stuff after the 'first' oil change. :rolleyes:

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You guys.....you're making me feel guilty. All I could muster was enough energy to lift the hatch, look around, close the hatch and go to lunch. I decided I didn't want to deprive my wife of the enjoyment she gets out of helping change the oil.
I'll bring hot cinnabuns and coffee. She likes that.:winkingthumbsup"

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I performed my first oil change with the yamalube oil change kit. I extracted almost exactly 3 quarts from the starboard motor and 2 1/4 quarts from port. I warmed the motors up one at a time using hose and flush adaptor. Both motors fired right up and burned the fogging oil right off. Love my Yamaha!

:thumbsup: