• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

I hate carbs!!!

Ottoman711

Reaction score
Boat Make
Baja
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Anyone have know how on how to adjust dual carbs on a four cylinder two stroke? Anytime I touch carbs it gets worse!!! I can't find any DIY videos. Boat only ran in warm up mode and now it runs like complete sh** after I played with adjustments...

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What is this on, what engine.
Mikuni or Keihin?

Ottoman711

Reaction score
Boat Make
Baja
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Mercury sport jet 120.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sounds like the pilot jets are clogged or restricted. Take the bowls off and clean out the jets. The pilot jet is the one with the smallest hole in it. Sometimes you have to push a very thin solid wire through it like a thin paperclip

Ottoman711

Reaction score
Boat Make
Baja
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I feel I've adjusted it completely wrong now but I will try cleaning the carbs altho I never have luck

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone have know how on how to adjust dual carbs on a four cylinder two stroke? Anytime I touch carbs it gets worse!!! I can't find any DIY videos. Boat only ran in warm up mode and now it runs like complete sh** after I played with adjustments...
That’s a bummer. I’ve never been good at adjusting multiple carb/barrel set ups. Fwiw, one thing that i learned early on was before i made any adjustments to measure each jet setting before i messed with it. I would count the turns on each jet by screwing them in and counting it at 1/2, 1, 1.5 etc until it bottoms out. That way i could always return it to the original settings and try again if i made it worse.

I do believe that there’s a gauge that sits on top of the intake and measures the vacuum. The you can adjust each one to sync them up. But like i said, I’ve never done it personally. I’ve only discussed it with an auto mechanic about 30 years ago so my memory could be off here

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does it have fuel mixture screws or air mixture screws.
If the adjuster screw is closer to the airbox its an air screw and if closer to the engine its a fuel screw

Ottoman711

Reaction score
Boat Make
Baja
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
There are only two screws (one each carb) on the actual carbs. The only thing I messed with was linkage screws. One of them being the butterly adjuster to make the top and bottom match when opening and closing. All the linkage adjusters im talking about are the ones that act like a tie rod end in a vehicle. Spin the rod to adjust and a locking nut.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
To set/sinc the carbs you will need a vacuum sinc gauge set
Otherwise you will need to adjust each carb to get the throttle plate to the just closed adjustment then crack it a hair open without the linkage on. Then set the connecting linkage to the carbs making sure it is not moving the individual adjustments.
Post a few pics of the setup and it might help

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
On my 717 seadoo Engines I would just buy new from Mikuni. Could never set them right. Also started using spin on fuel filter/water separators and they lasted way longer...maybe 4-5 years?

RedBarron55

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Jetcraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Follow the instructions in the linked reference and you can also google for a video for the Force setup.
The throttle plates must be closed completely and the setup like the instructions say.

Attachments