• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

I Hate The Yamaha Rear Nav Light/Anchor Light

treeskier

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SE
Boat Length
Every time I go to use the removable rear navigation light/anchor light/all around 360 degree 2 mile white light or what ever you call it I have an problems with it. The big issue is we generally leave during the day and come back at night. Generally I check to see if all the navigation lights are good to go before we leave then it doesn't want to light when it time to head back.

2 questions...

1. Any suggestions for fixing the problem? I have spare bulbs, and clean the contact connections regularly...the latest was a broken contact in the receptacle which are very light duty and fragile.

2.Any suggestions for a back-up that I can just put in the boat and use as a back-up? IDK maybe a white glow stick I can zip tie to the pole.

I am seriously thinking about adding a tower just to have a permanent hardwired light

I have considered installing a telescoping anchor light to avoid keeping the light pole on board.

Maybe look into a battery powered LED one that you might be able to attach to your factory pole somehow, and not have to worry about possible intermittent wiring issues.

@RiverRat ordered one from amazon today but I am skeptical that it will be any less of the POS that passes for the 12v lights that are on the market. The big issue is the quality of the fixture the pole and receptacle are so light duty and they are located where they get wet and the corrode and disintegrate. The wiring is solid all I need is something of decent quality to connect. Perko, Seasence and Attwood all seem the same. The fact that I am in salt water doesn't help either.

I agree with you about hating the pole lights! They seem to be flimsy and don't stand up to the abuse.

There are a ton of battery powered stern lights but they come with junky c-clamp ends that are hard to use because boats don't have many surfaces a c-clamp can grab. So, if I were in the game the most reasonable approach is to purchase a battery powered unit on a pole and zip tie it to your side Bimini pole. Remember that the stern light must be highest part of the boat.

Another possibility is to use the battery powered unit in the socket or rig it onto the OEM pole.

The Navisafe 360 LED is a great battery powered LED. It has a super strong magnetic base. Put the base on the bottom side of your bimini or inside the cover and the light will stick to it.

Back