• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

I know this has probably been covered in some Bimini thread somewhere but...

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can someone describe the exact details as to what occurs in the Bahamas when you come in by boat in regards to immigration and also describe exactly what happens on the re-entry into the US on the return trip to FTL?

Is there paperwork I can fill out before hand to speed up the process? Unfortunately I do not have a immigration station near me to get to..

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
There is a Bahama immigration form/card that you can not download, each passenger will need one. @upperdeck is working to get some sent to him and he will hand them out at the captains meeting at the Bahia Mar on Sunday night. With the downloaded forms and the form @upperdeck is getting, filling these out before we leave FTL will save time going through customs in Bimini.

upperdeck

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
On the way in to Bimini, fly a yellow quarantine flag. This can even be a yellow shirt tied to the tower of your boat. Everyone must stay on the boat except the captain. The captain takes the paperwork and passports and cash (did I mention it MUST be CASH.) to the customs office. Then over to the immigration office. Then you're cleared in. Check into the hotel room, leave he boat, etc.

This will all be covered at the captains meeting also!

upperdeck

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Btw, I'm told that the immigration forms have been mailed to me. I have not received them yet.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
You guys are so organized I am envious! Can't wait till next years trip when I am going!

upperdeck

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Btw, I'm told that the immigration forms have been mailed to me. I have not received them yet.
As posted in the other thread, I have received the immigration forms. I'll pass them out at the captain's meeting.