• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

I need a motor.

208lakebound

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I am in search of a motor. I know there are ones on ebay but, I would like to check here for either advice or another motor. Thank you for your time.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What is wrong with your motor? Sveral companies rebuild them and I understand it to be a fairly easy rebuild. My local mechanic uses SBT rebuilds as Dan posted.

208lakebound

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I thought it was a head gasket. We put a new one on and put it in the water to have it bogged down and not really reach 4k rpm. It was running hotter than I thought it should. I opened the hatch to see water coming out of the exhaust in the compartment. The cylinder only has 35 compression which due to harbor freight I belive is a little less than it really is. I have been looking to replace the motor other than rebuild cost wise but I don't know much about 2 stroke motors, which that lack of knowledge I don't really want to be stranded on the lake. Also most of theservice motor places want me to send them the core first which I am not completely sure about. What is the best direction? Rebuild can't be that difficult considering most of it unbolts right?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I thought it was a head gasket. We put a new one on and put it in the water to have it bogged down and not really reach 4k rpm. It was running hotter than I thought it should. I opened the hatch to see water coming out of the exhaust in the compartment. The cylinder only has 35 compression which due to harbor freight I belive is a little less than it really is. I have been looking to replace the motor other than rebuild cost wise but I don't know much about 2 stroke motors, which that lack of knowledge I don't really want to be stranded on the lake. Also most of theservice motor places want me to send them the core first which I am not completely sure about. What is the best direction? Rebuild can't be that difficult considering most of it unbolts right?
One of the easist engines ever to rebuild for sure! I am not always fond of the sbt quality but go for the premium package and get the 2 year warranty. Other places are usually better quality.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.shopsbt.com/pdfs/y1200pv.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwj34cGKzdTOAhVIph4KHb5kBSsQFggeMAE&usg=AFQjCNFQmebGCSRRPVq2w6Ax6SX7LfIoLw

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you put your location in your profile it will add u to the user map. Someone in your area may have specific knowledge to help you.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
SBT has instructions right on their website on how to dismantle your current engine, package it, and get it replaced. Now, if you don't fix whatever caused the original problem (carbs, overheating) you will join the likes of the crowd that talks badly about SBT.