• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

I need new tires...

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Figure what the hell, wondering if anyone on here had any discounts or promo codes you could pass along for new tires? Looking at Nitto Grapplers for my Grand Cherokee.

No worries if not, but thought it would be worth the ask.

Thanks!

Dwrat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I got new tires and wheels from etrailer.com cheaper than new tires from Discount Tires.
They came all ready to bolt up and now I have a couple of extra spares just in case.

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks! I ended up pulling the trigger last night. With that said, I do have a dealer code for Goodyear tires should anyone need it. I think it’s 25% off.

Ended up going with the Nitto Ridge Grapplers. I was really worried about them looking too off roady but very happy with them. Amazingly quiet too. I’ve never had a set of Nitto tires so I’ll be interested see what I think 40k from now. 4E7B2095-A16F-4ABA-B9BE-986937BA1F0A.jpegD900B4F0-A9AD-45C8-AA90-2061F02E6E42.jpegC221B9B0-C7C1-4D0B-BA50-F1A5459CFA92.jpeg

Dwrat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
LOL,
I thought you were talking tires for your boat trailer.
I had a set of Nittos several years ago and they wore pretty fast.
I now run BFG's and get about 50K miles out of them.

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hahha! NOW YOU TELL ME!

Yeah, we’ll see. Hope to get 50k out of them, that might be a stretch. Or at least till the Tesla Truck starts to hit the road, depending on that thing looks. Fingers crossed it’s baddass. We’ll find out tonight!

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I’m starting to think about wheels and tires for my F250. Any good sites to look at that you guys have used in the past?

How in the world do you make a decision? I’ve started looking a few times and get so confused.

Noko

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I buy from Costco. They just had a sale that ends today. Bought Blizzaks from them.

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
In my experience, they’re all priced about the same.

if you decide to go Goodyear, let me know I have a code for 25% off their website that is good for 1 time. Happy to pass it along since I went Nitto.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
For 3/4ton trucks and bigger and an all terrain and meatier I recommend Nitto/Toyo/cooper.
Personally I am a cooper fan, but at the end of the day $ plays a big part in the decision.
Also a good way to get trailer tires is Walmart or E trailer- they show up mounted/Balanced and aired up.

when hauling a trailer long distance I just throw one on the trailer just Incase.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We just got our first one of these here in Louisville. It's way across town from me, but they had top notch customer service when I bought a pair of Bilstein shocks from them. Had to be ordered, and they were proactive through the entire process. A rarity in todays customer service landscape.

@Trevor Shipman Those new tires look sharp. Little more aggressive for my taste, but they fit the look and scale of the Jeep nicely. Hope they perform well for you.