• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

I ordered a new boat cover by yamaha ... and

yam240sx

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
its black !!! yes i know i made a mistake i wanted the premium one and it came it black i was thinking a dark charcoal but no its BLACK .. my previous moring cover also custom fit was grey but not premium material she lasted me 4 years now starting to frey and rip ... BLACK my turn my boat into a sauna X10 .. thoughts? should i return it ? anyone rocking the BLACK and find it too hot in sun ?

Black is the better cover over the grey models. There is no comparison in quality. Yup, it’s warm, but better cover.

thanks .. but why would they make it it only black ? its going to be an oven inside this boat ... keep it and install extra vents ?

thanks .. but why would they make it it only black ? its going to be an oven inside this boat ... keep it and install extra vents ?
You're overthinking it. Black was an easy way for owners/buyers to identify the better quality cover. If heat were an issue, Yamaha would have gone to white years ago. It has always been the color of the better cover.

That being said, a friend just bought a new grey for their older AR210 and it's pretty darn nice as well. They have improved the quality of those from years ago. I have owned both, and your interior will have no issues with heat. Unlike what can happen baking in the sun with no protection.

Just don't leave any candy bars or old garbage in the can while covered. (smile)

Back