• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

New Owner- 2024 252SE

We took the boat out today for a spin, because Sandusky Bay was really smooth today. Anyway, I backed off of my dock, spun the boat around, and idled through the marina out to open water. When I opened the throttles, only the starboard engine responded and the port engine remained at idle. I stopped the boat and shifted the engines into neutral. The engine idiot light was illuminated. Only the starboard engine would respond, the port engine was stuck in forward gear at idle and was also completely unresponsive to throttle. I repeatedly tried forward, neutral, and reverse on the port engine, as well as throttling the engine, with no response. I shut down the port engine and restarted it. Same issue remained.
I asked my wife if I could shut down the ignition key entirely and reset everything. She refused, figuring one operable engine is way better than dead in the water with no operable engine.. She had a point. I shut down the port engine and limped home on the starboard engine at no wake speed.
Back at my dock, I was able to shut down the good engine and turn off the key. I waited 10 seconds, and then turned the key back on. I fired up both engines, and lo and behold, this time they are both responsive and working fine. We took the boat out for an hour joyride, with no further issues.
Lesson learned:
1) I believe the throttle and shifter control on my 252SE are fly-by-wire and not cable operated.
2) Like any computer, if engine issues arise, the CPU/ Connext Screen on the boat needs to be shut down completely with the ignition key. Then turn it back on, let it reboot, and see what happens. It is worth a shot.

Has anybody else experienced this issue? Did it recur? My boat has less than 20 hours on it and is only six weeks old. BTW, the dealer did the Connext Screen recall before I took possession of the boat.

Back