• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

I put a small dab of 4200 on all my jet pump bolts and tighten them to spec ....

yam240sx

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Am i fooked if i have to remove ? thoughts ....

I guess we'll find out!
How long ago?

I think you will be ok

I just installed new housings and impellers my self ... dont ask how i got the parts its almost impossible to get parts lately ...

the nozzle bolts are 15 ftlbs .. scares me a bit so i just dabbed the bolts and 4200 them as well as the housing bolts 30ftlb ...

mm, if it was me and you were close to the boat, I would remove the bolts now if they spin and use something else. Might be OK, but Blue loctite or the recommended "thread"sealant might be better I think 4200 is a glue, That worries me a little, maybe for nothing and all will be well, but if it was me, and I was near, I would clean it off.

mm, if it was me and you were close to the boat, I would remove the bolts now if they spin and use something else. Might be OK, but Blue loctite or the recommended "thread"sealant might be better I think 4200 is a glue, That worries me a little, maybe for nothing and all will be well, but if it was me, and I was near, I would clean it off.
Agreed...also helps with dis-similar metals and corrosion. 4200 is a bonding sealer, I wouldn't use it on threads.

ah i figure if i need to pull em ( which shouldnt be for a few years hopfully ) il just heat the bolt heads with a small blow torch lighter to soften that shit up and remove ...

Now is a good time to test before 4200 cures. Try to loosen one after a few days, then a week, then a month. You just do not want them to lock up.

Not what you should use....

Back