• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ideal boat lift strap locations for Yamaha AR190 (2017)

SkiYacht

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I will be installing a boat lift at my dock and will use (2) straps to lift the boat (using straps due to very shallow water). I am having a hard time finding information of where the ideal strap lift point locations would be for my boat (2017 Yamaha AR190). Can anyone point me to a resource for this information or know/suggest where the strap lift points would ideally be located on the boat?

Perfect. Thanks so much!

Typically, you place the straps under a structural bulkhead which will reinforce the hull from a deflection in the hull from the straps. I would try one under the aft engine compartment bulkhead, back wall, just forward of the intake grates and the other under the helm storage lockers similar to what Captras described in the link. How wide are the straps?

Last edited:
Thank you! The straps are 6" wide.

Is it possible to use spreader bars on your setup? Would highly recommend if so to greatly reduce “squeezing” effect of strap lift.

Thank you for your reply. I have a 4 post lift so I believe that would accomplish what you are suggesting to reduce the squeeze effect of the straps. The lift points are wider than the boat.

Back