• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Identify this object. :)

Johmas50

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
This was abandoned by the road in front of my house. I’ve been trying to get the garbage folks to pick it up but they don’t want to take it. More importantly, does anyone know what the heck it is? It appears to attach to a trailer hitch receiver and has reflective tape down the side.

Attachments

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It does look like some kind of hitch carrier.

Johmas50

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
It definitely is for a hitch, it has rust patterns and a pin hole that would match. The question though is what does it carry? More importantly does anyone in the Atlanta area want it because I can’t seem to get rid of it.

Last edited:

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Kind of looks homemade. Could be one of a kind and super rare. :)

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thrust Vectors (Wake Edition)?

--

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like it might hold a propane tank or some other sort of tank maybe? Almost looks like one of the orange water cooler cages you see on the back of a work truck with a tool bed body on it.

Looks like there is a mounting flange perpendicular to the hitch mount as well. Wonder what the heck that is for.

FYI, there is a whole sub reddit that is for "what is this thing"......might get a bigger audience there

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
The chains and clamps tell me it is meant to give it a look of security. The hitch point means portability. The framework suggests it was meant to hold something heavy, but with access to the unit while it was attached to the hitch. This could have been built for a work site tool such as a generator, air compressor, general tool box, or welder.

Someone wanted to take X along with him to a job site, but be able to park his truck in the driveway at night without having to worry about X getting ripped off while he slept.

Johmas50

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
From what I can tell this seems the most likely. I just can't figure out what it was meant to protect/hold. Anyway at this point my HOA would like it to go away (as would I). I appreciate all the responses from you guys. All good ideas!!

The chains and clamps tell me it is meant to give it a look of security. The hitch point means portability. The framework suggests it was meant to hold something heavy, but with access to the unit while it was attached to the hitch. This could have been built for a work site tool such as a generator, air compressor, general tool box, or welder.

Someone wanted to take X along with him to a job site, but be able to park his truck in the driveway at night without having to worry about X getting ripped off while he slept.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I would run a magnet on it - if that's stainless steel, you could scrap it for some $$

Johmas50

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I think it is stainless, it's too heavy to be aluminum.

Dough

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Put it on craigslist. At least one person out there looking for one!

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I think it is stainless, it's too heavy to be aluminum.
Run a magnet on it - if it doesn't stick it's either aluminum or stainless.