• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Idle speed for Scarab 190?

Floyd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
Mine has an idle rpm of 1700. That means that I'm going about 10mph in a slow speed zone, and it's too fast to approach a dock, requiring shifts into reverse to slow down.
What should the idle speed be on the 200hp rotax?

JetTech72

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Your idle is correct, I think it's 1750+/-50rpm.
The speed @ idle should be more around 6mph, and yes you will have to work the gate around dock & trailer.
That's were the new BRP electronic shift brings low speed boat control in a whole new world, making it so easy around dock & trailer.