• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Idle time for fogging?

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It has gotten cold here recently, and so the season is mostly over for me. That said, our weather is unpredictable, and we tend to get a few days or weeks in the 70s over the fall and winter.

I probably SHOULD dog the engines, but if I plan to take it out a few times over the winter, do I really need to? How long is too long to let the boat sit without fogging? If we get a warm day in November and i take the boat out, the fogging will have been a waste, no?

So if I expect the boat to sit for 2 months, do I need to fog?

Run it with a hose the third Saturday of each month
5 min
No fogging needed.
If you use it that month you do not need to run it.

Salt water should fog a couple times during the season and at the end. Fresh water more of an optional thing but I would rather fog than have a stuck valve in the spring.

I seem to have rougher start after winter if i don't fog. It still starts but much nicer if fogged

Salt water here. Never fogged thru 2 seasons and agree I have had kind of rough starts (few seconds longer) in spring for sure.

I have a kingfisher with a merc optimax 200 , should I fog ? I live in northern Alberta, it gets pretty cold here

I have a kingfisher with a merc optimax 200 , should I fog ? I live in northern Alberta, it gets pretty cold here
Probably

Back