• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

If not Yamaha then what?

zpaul

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Hey everyone,
Put my order in last year in September and no boat in sight.
Really wanted Yamaha 252 SE but starting to loose hope to ever get it.
Budget similar to 252. Want to be around 24 feet for bay and lake boating with family. Mostly to enjoy it and do some basic water sports.Yamaha jet drive is what sold it for me.

Hmmm…I did this exact same thread here https://jetboaters.net/threads/if-not-yamaha-then-what.38460/. Seems we had a similar reasons for wanting a 252SE. I ended up spending more and prioritizing surfing over ocean/bay use. Although, my Regal LS2 would actually be as ocean friendly as a jet drive I’ve learned. You can save roughly $20k or so if you get the non-surf version Regal LS2, 4, or 6. It’ll still be more than the Yamaha but you pay for what get I guess. Good luck with your search.

I’ll add that if you’re not able to get ‘22 I would watch the used market closely. I hate FB but started looking at some of the boat groups lately and I’ve seen several 2022 Yamaha models up for sale. I think many more will hit after the season and prices are dropping, albeit only slightly.

Back