• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

If you had 10k to spend on...

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Hello guys,
I have been on this forum lurking and was looking into getting a Yamaha jet boat, but I have decided to get a pair of jet ski's instead. I know NOTHING about jet ski's and would like some input from all of the experienced guys here.

I am looking for two jet skis/waverunners/seado's I have 8K-10K to spend for the pair. What should I look for? Make? Model? Year? Should I buy them as a pair or separate? I would like to have 3 seaters and enough power to pull a tube. I would like it to be reliable.

Also any links to videos or websites that would give me more education on jet skiing would be great.
If set on a ski, my favorite sweet spot would be the ones with the naturally aspirated 1.8 like some of the fxho models and such. Good on gas with plenty of power.

capt

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If it wasn't for all the great advice I got from this thread, I would be sleeping in the GARAGE next to two jet ski's. The more I thought about what many of you said the more I realized my wife would not like owning ski's. I have decided to no go the ski route and just buy a boat next year when I have 20k to spend. I'm hoping to get a good deal on a 2007-2008 sx230 or ar230 during off season. So all of you that are wanting to sell your boat at a discount this winter hit me up!

After giving my Dad a LARGE damage deposit and paying for the insurance premium increase, he is letting me use his 2001 Rinker Captiva 210 this summer to see if my family will enjoy boating as much as I think we will.

I just bought a Airhead Gang Plank for the kids to play on while anchored. I hope that it is as much fun as it looks. Ill be out on Lake Ray Roberts this Saturday if the weather looks good. Does anyone here boat on RAY ROBERTS?

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If it wasn't for all the great advice I got from this thread, I would be sleeping in the GARAGE next to two jet ski's. The more I thought about what many of you said the more I realized my wife would not like owning ski's. I have decided to no go the ski route and just buy a boat next year when I have 20k to spend. I'm hoping to get a good deal on a 2007-2008 sx230 or ar230 during off season. So all of you that are wanting to sell your boat at a discount this winter hit me up!

After giving my Dad a LARGE damage deposit and paying for the insurance premium increase, he is letting me use his 2001 Rinker Captiva 210 this summer to see if my family will enjoy boating as much as I think we will.

I just bought a Airhead Gang Plank for the kids to play on while anchored. I hope that it is as much fun as it looks. Ill be out on Lake Ray Roberts this Saturday if the weather looks good. Does anyone here boat on RAY ROBERTS?
This is perfection. Absolutely spend a summer on Somebody Else's Boat! It will give you a much better idea of what you want in your own!

Remember: Indecision in your situation will only SAVE you money. "Gee Dad. We're still not sure. Can we use it again next summer." "Gee Dad, two summer's wasn't enough of a trial...." ;)

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

Don't forget to check the classifieds section of this board as some of the nicest boats are there!

chess

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Put your location so folks could sway you into a decision of a jetboat and give you a ride ;)

capt

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@chess DONE. If anyone wants to sway my decision (and show off their jetboat) that's fine with me.

eticket

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@capt , great decision! I went through a similar realization, albeit with ATV's instead of skis. We moved to Minnesota and on arrival bought two ATV's for fun. We used them plenty in that first year. However, the limitation soon became clear - only 2 or 3 people could have fun together at the same time. When we have visitors it just did not work out to use them...someone/most were left out while a few had fun. A couple of years later we bought our boat and now we can have two families of 4 all together and have fun all day. The boat is used way more than the ATV's and having everyone together is the difference. So, glad to see you decided to go for the boat, you are going to love it! Of course boats + skis sounds really good but that's a whole different story!