• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

I'm going to swap out my SHO engine for one of these...

Yes please!!!

That is a beauty.

Your going to need a bigger boat:winkingthumbsup"

I'd probably plow the back end of the pump right off the boat.

The 3SGTE in my 1994 Toyota MR2 Turbo is a Yamaha motor. Quite a good one too. With a just a few touches and all stock internals it puts out 300HP at the crank and still hands me 28mpg on the highway!
received_10153591744675101_zpske3sejcm.jpeg

The 3SGTE in my 1994 Toyota MR2 Turbo is a Yamaha motor. Quite a good one too. With a just a few touches and all stock internals it puts out 300HP at the crank and still hands me 28mpg on the highway!
received_10153591744675101_zpske3sejcm.jpeg
The head cover and coil packs looks just like my MR-1 boat motor.

sounds glorious. 650hp but only revs to 7500? <claps> LOL thats out of yamaha character. Im used to a bike buzzing down the road at 9500. and you MR1 guys im sure are used 10k plus....

though it says they are NOT, I personally consider yamaha one of the better "engine manufacturers" in the world.

:) at least smaller engines. bet its not long before a bigger one finds its way into one of their boats. bet they've tried it, or at least drawn out plans...

Awesome...I love this line - "If you’re a hardcore Volvo fan, then you’re a dork...."

I had a Volvo years ago.... a red block 4 cylinder turbo. With some cheap wastegate changes, that thing put out some pull for a little 4 cylinder.

Did anyone else notice that at the 20 second mark it says it uses E85 fuel? That's a lot of power out of a low octane fuel!

Or does that simply mean it's E85 compatible?

That's awesome. Love it.

Did anyone else notice that at the 20 second mark it says it uses E85 fuel? That's a lot of power out of a low octane fuel!

Or does that simply mean it's E85 compatible?

LOW octane?????? E85 is high octane. that's why most high horsepower applications use it.

Do you think we're all dinosaurs, with our modes of transport rapidly being squeezed to produce way out MPG and electric cars gathering pace, do you think the next generations will get stirred with sound of a V8 at full chat.
Big V8's, 2 stroke motocross bikes, big V6 2 stroke outboards, sounds of the past, but I love em :D.

LOW octane?????? E85 is high octane. that's why most high horsepower applications use it.
yep....I had it backwards....

My wife's escalade can take e85 but everything I read said the miles per gallon goes down when you use it. That's why I don't use it....I think I inadvertently equated that to low octane....not higher.

Nothing beats the low idle rumble of a classic Detroit V-8. Implied strength. Competence. Confidence. Subtle warning.

I love my Yamaha jetboat, but screaming revs will never hold that visceral place deep in my gut and in my heart that does the V-8.

Back