• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

I'm search for the rotax code of my engine... (AA, AF, etc.)

Mr.Happy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I have a little problem, when i serach parts for my engine in the epc catalog, I should choose what i have for a engine.

AA, AF, AJ, AH, AB, i can not found the information of this. Can someone help me where I can find it?

Steve Risley

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I have a little problem, when i serach parts for my engine in the epc catalog, I should choose what i have for a engine.

AA, AF, AJ, AH, AB, i can not found the information of this. Can someone help me where I can find it?
If you are asking where to find this on your boat, look on your engine (The model # & serial # sticker) - The Model # should end with three letters. Yours will probably be AAA, at least those are my last three letters and I also own a 2015 VRX.

Mr.Happy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
[QUOTE = "Steve Risley, Beitrag: 411615, Mitglied: 12464"]
Sieht ganz anders aus als ich (ich habe die 250PS SC Engine)
[/ZITAT]
Can you send me a picture, where is this sticker on your engine.... ?

Deuce14

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I know this is an old thread, but wondering if this ever got resolved? My BUDS software is saying "Model number could not be verified, do you want to enter it now?" and if I click "Yes" it takes me to a screen that says "Enter Model Number (4 characters)" with a bunch of junk in the input box. I tried the Mot. Nr. on my engine but it says "Model number invalid" and just restarts the whole process. Tried SBOAT as well, no "Model number invalid" but takes me back to "Model number could not be verified."

Of note, that is all after an ECM communication error so it COULD just be that the ECM is fried... :(

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I know this is an old thread, but wondering if this ever got resolved? My BUDS software is saying "Model number could not be verified, do you want to enter it now?" and if I click "Yes" it takes me to a screen that says "Enter Model Number (4 characters)" with a bunch of junk in the input box. I tried the Mot. Nr. on my engine but it says "Model number invalid" and just restarts the whole process. Tried SBOAT as well, no "Model number invalid" but takes me back to "Model number could not be verified."

Of note, that is all after an ECM communication error so it COULD just be that the ECM is fried... :(
It sounds like your ECM lost connection. Follow below to reconnect. Hope this helps.

Attachments

Deuce14

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
It sounds like your ECM lost connection. Follow below to reconnect. Hope this helps.
Thanks Dean - I'm out this week working remote but will give that a shot when I get back and report back. Appreciate it!

Deuce14

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hi @Dean P,

My ECU is not in that list - the number is 666590 (which is a ways above/away from those numbers). Trying to find a security number for that...

Last edited:

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Can you see any other numbers? Are there numbers underneath the stickers. Very odd you would have numbers outside of these even with the year of your boat. Any chance that engine is newer than the boat? Has it been replaced?

1664656686357.png

Deuce14

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
There's every chance, but the date of manufacture for the engine is 06/2014, so I'm fairly willing to bet that it's the original engine, but someone certainly could have swapped out the ECU. There are no other numbers, only 0000. I'll attach a pic for reference. IMG_7020.jpeg

Deuce14

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Only reference I can find is on the Rotax website, which says "Ref: 5666590 - ECU, ENGINE CONTROLLER, PROGRAMMED | 17 FT AND SMALLER SINGLE APPLICATIONS, 23 FT TWINS"

Not great for a 20' single. Thinking someone swapped it out at some point (I'm obviously not the original owner).

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Check out and join this FB group. Lots of good info there. They may be able to help.