• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Impeller cavitation?

Trm1765

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I finally put the boat in the water today after installing new impellers. Each motor sounds normal when running individually, but when both engines are started it vibrates and makes bad noise just like when not in the water. (I was in the water)
I am wondering if I got impellers on wrong side? Or maybe wrong impellers? I can't figure out why they wouldn't run good when both running but do run normal individually??

Trm1765

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
As it turns out, there are side specific impellers,, and I have two starboard and zero port side,, which apparently causes a bunch of cavitation when running together???? Back to the backorder table I go....

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi trm
I sent you a private message. I may be able to help you out. I have some spare parts.

Trm1765

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Problem solved with a huge shout out to Gulf Shores Powersports for selling a port side impeller to an out of water boater from Minnesota.. Several other dealers told me they had one but wouldn't sell it to me because they only had one.
I still have a hard time understanding how it could be so drastically bad with just a little different pitch.
All good now, in the water and running well.