• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Impeller pitch

wango tango

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I was just informed that if you go with the 14/19 you need to go with the SRZ 14/19(2009 and up) because it has the shaft setback (2mm).
the SRX 14/19 does not(for 2009 and older). I looked at my impeller and I have a setback on impeller.

SVTSINR

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
Are they saying the impeller will be 2 mm shallow in the wear ring?

wango tango

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Well I will say that if I went with the SRX impeller the back of the impeller will be 22mm further away from pump vanes.
The tech told me that that 2mm could have performance issues.
It does bring the impeller forward and he said could possibly??? Push on shaft which could??? Push on carbon seal.
I don't know if that is true but I did measure both impellers and there is 2 mm difference.

wango tango

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Bottom line is there may not be any issues, just wanted to inform everyone want was found.

wango tango

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
22mm In prior conversation is incorrect should have said 2mm

Patrick d

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Other
No. I just replaced mine with 159 mm. I got pitch 14/19. I also have the 195 HOI. I went with the steel wear ring and gained 5mph in speed.
so you changed out your 161 mm impeller and wear ring for 159mm solas 14/19 and gained 5mph?!? So what's your top speed now?

Derek Morris

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
@Faith Johnson where did you get your impeller? I have the 2014 195 HOI and have some of the same issues with 6 people on the boat. If you could provide a link I would greatly appreciate it.

Jwood1508

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
All, this has been covered in here hundreds of times. The 250's have a 159mm impeller and wear ring. The Scarab site is incorrect.
So this is an old thread but I purchased the incorrect part due to reading post like this one. I purchased a 159mm ring for my 2014 scarab 195. The factory one is definitely a 161mm in my boat. So there goes $50. Maybe some people do have 159mm impellers idk. I suggest anyone buying a ring pop out the old one first and measure to make sure so you don’t make the mistake I did.

madscientist

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
My 2018 195 also has the the 161mm.