• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Impeller/pump removal on a 2019 AR195 different than just the 4 14mm bolts?

steve0617

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
2019 AR195

So I removed the 4 14mm bolts exposing the cone (going to do the L13 replacement). But now how do I remove the pump/impeller/drive shaft? Practicing for when I need to do this during the summer.

It doesn't appear anything can detach and pull out after exposing the cone/pump strainer. And there's 5 more bolts against the transom. 4 big ones and 1 small one at about 9 o'clock (see pics).

Did I remove the wrong bolts for pulling the impeller/drive shaft?

Note the length of the 14mm bolts is much shorter than older boat's bolts. Reference is my 14mm deep socket for length.

Attachments

Last edited:

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You removed the right bolts, there is a pry point on the side to break the sealant to pull the impeller out.

Brussmat

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello,

same boat and finally sucked up my first stick yesterday right at the 15th hour. Luckily it was at the end of the day, near the ramp so we could limp back. About to pull the pump today to clear it and a few questions related. Sorry if the answer is here, I’ve searched for a bit and can’t seem to find the correct link.

- Does anyone have a picture or location of the pry point?

- when reinstalling so you use any sealant again?

- most videos I’ve seen for other pumps are half and half around using locktite on the bolts. Should you use It or not?

thanks for any quick pointers.

steve0617

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
If you can get at the stick from the intake, but it’s wedged, and you can wait a few days, once it dries out you may be able to remove it with long pliers.

I’ve only had one day ending stick so far and I was able to remove it without a unbolting anything

Brussmat

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you can get at the stick from the intake, but it’s wedged, and you can wait a few days, once it dries out you may be able to remove it with long pliers.

I’ve only had one day ending stick so far and I was able to remove it without a unbolting anything
Thanks! May give that a try first. I even made sure to have the long pliers and carpet knife onboard, but they were no match for this stick.

I’m sure this won’t be the last stick so want to get used to pulling the pump as I’m sure I’ll have to at some point. There always seems to be a lot of debris in our river....

steve0617

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I feel the same way. At some point it’s all gonna have to come off.

I also have the same questions you have for when I eventually do this.

Doublej_k

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
is there a post on the 2019 and newer removal? Is it the 4 bolts then pry off or are there more bolts like the ones circled above? My SX190 lost 9 mph and sounds terrible out of the water.

mwalker4

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm planning on putting on L13 cone. sealing the pump tunnel, and taking a good look at the wear ring. The service manual makes it seem fairly simple removing as described in the posts above. Does anyone who has done this with a 2019+ have any tips or warnings? Anything else I should consider doing while I got the pump removed?

mwalker4

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
is there a post on the 2019 and newer removal? Is it the 4 bolts then pry off or are there more bolts like the ones circled above? My SX190 lost 9 mph and sounds terrible out of the water.
Were you able to get the information to take your pump off? My boat is sitting in the garage with the Nozzle off and the 5 bolts off of the pump. My first goal is to do no harm and I have all winter. The service manual says use flat screw driver, but I don't think I can get to the pry points without removing the ride plate. I took the bolts out of the ride plate and it seems pretty strongly sealed to the hull so I don't think I will remove it either. Any advice from someone who has removed a 2019+ pump would be appreciated.

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I removed mine a few weeks ago 2020 212 from the pic you sent its the same pump. I used a cat claw (small prybar) and it came off with less effort than I thought. I didn't reseal it and have been out a few times with no cavitation. I plan on re sealing this winter. I did clean all the sealant off, that was the hardest part.

mwalker4

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I removed mine a few weeks ago 2020 212 from the pic you sent its the same pump. I used a cat claw (small prybar) and it came off with less effort than I thought. I didn't reseal it and have been out a few times with no cavitation. I plan on re sealing this winter. I did clean all the sealant off, that was the hardest part.
Excellent thanks.

steve0617

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I’m not sure the 212 is the correct example here. It has the 155mm pump even today in 2021 where we have the 160mm pump.

I don’t think it’s the same removal process to get the impeller and shaft off. Were your bolts you took off to expose the cone short like mine are? Or much longer like the older boats?

Thus my question about the new 195/195S impeller removal.

mwalker4

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’m not sure the 212 is the correct example here. It has the 155mm pump even today in 2021 where we have the 160mm pump.

I don’t think it’s the same removal process to get the impeller and shaft off. Were your bolts you took off to expose the cone short like mine are? Or much longer like the older boats?

Thus my question about the new 195/195S impeller removal.
I believe both sizes of 2019+ pumps had the same changes to a one piece pump with the shorter bolts which bolt directly into the transom. Here is a picture of my SX190 with 155mm. It looks a lot like your picture. One difference is your cone has 4 bolts instead of 3.
jet.jpg

steve0617

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Ahh okay. Hadn’t seen a pic of a 19+ with the 155mm pump.

So I think we both agree that the only way to get the impeller and driveshaft out is to remove the entire back end from the transom....

Yet the 21 212 still has a 2 piece?

or are we both missing a pry point on our boats?

steve0617

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I couldn't find a pry point, I just pryed where the pump meets the transom plate. There are pockets in the transom casting and pryed there. Figured if a scratched anything it wasn't the mating surface. It came off alot easier than I was expecting, a Sweetwater 420 helped 🍺

steve0617

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I couldn't find a pry point, I just pryed where the pump meets the transom plate. There are pockets in the transom casting and pryed there. Figured if a scratched anything it wasn't the mating surface. It came off alot easier than I was expecting, a Sweetwater 420 helped 🍺
You took off the entire thing off all the way to the transom? You didn’t just take off the outer most bolts exposing the cone then pulled the impeller/shaft out like the older boats?