• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Impeller swap

ma2watsoou

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
I have a 2016 Glastron GTS187 with the 200hp motor. I am replacing the impeller and wear ring for the first time. I pulled the pump out last night without too much trouble. The impeller has a few nicks nothing major, some wear on the ring as well. Getting a little bit of cavitation so what i found was defiantly enough to cause it. I have a couple of questions regarding putting it all back together.

Locktite on the 4x alan bolts? Noticed they had some on from the factory?

What needs lubricated and with what type of grease?

Does anything need to be torqued?

Is there there oil that needs to be changed?

Any other pro tips or tricks?

Thanks
Mark

PS i will add some photos of my little project.

Benauge

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
Mark, as my impeller makes noise, and having the same engine, wonder if you can share any tips or tricks ...
Best, Frank

kcumjc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length

This is the video that I followed, when removing and reinstalling my pumps. The PPI Marine group has a few other videos out there on the BRP products and are pretty good.

For grease, I used what I had. Bel-Ray waterproof. It's sticky, greenish in color. I coated the splines on the shaft and inside the impellers after wiping everything down really good. I did not take the cone off, as I felt there was no need. My impeller support bearing rolled smoothly and I didn't feel any issues and didn't want to break that seal just yet. In the off season, I will pull it. Some have oil, some have grease, I am not sure when they made the switch.

I did use loc-tite as well, just the blue stuff. The torque required is very minimal and I did use my torque wrench. It feels like you need more torque, but I followed the manual/procedure on the video.

FYI - I have a Scarab 215, but the same 200HP engine, just two of them.

ma2watsoou

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length

That youtube video helped me out.