• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Impeller Wear Ring

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Anyone replace an impeller wear ring in a newer model Yamaha? You can’t buy a housing with the ring, it’s separate. Wondering if it’s like replacing a bearing race in a brake rotor or if it has to be pressed out. I believe there are SS aftermarket housings available, but the munting bosses are not as robust. They might not even be available for the newer pumps. I’m going to order a spare ring and impeller, so I need to know the process. Replacing the impeller is the easy part. TIA

Anyone replace an impeller wear ring in a newer model Yamaha? You can’t buy a housing with the ring, it’s separate. Wondering if it’s like replacing a bearing race in a brake rotor or if it has to be pressed out. I believe there are SS aftermarket housings available, but the munting bosses are not as robust. They might not even be available for the newer pumps. I’m going to order a spare ring and impeller, so I need to know the process. Replacing the impeller is the easy part. TIA
Check this out. Leon did this not too long ago.

Check this out. Leon did this not too long ago.

Thanks...I'm going to have the dealer recheck with Yamaha. They said the housing does not come with the ring as shown by Leon. Interesting.

Really interested to find out where you got with this. I am in the same dilemma currently.

Really interested to find out where you got with this. I am in the same dilemma currently.
Are you asking about the new style wear rings? If so, you need the OEM part # . Not sure if the wear rings for the AR195 and 212SE are the same. I tried for 2 months to find my rings because they are on national backorder. I ended up buying 2 from adeptwatersports.com. They are in CA. I questioned them about availability because no one has them. They told me if I doubted them, go somewhere else. They are assholes to deal with, but I ended up getting the right parts, and shipping was only a few days. My OEM Part # is 6HH-R1337-00. The OEM part # for the O-rings is 93211-65800. I didn't change them because mine are still new. Now I have extras in stock. Still waiting for my impellers and wear rings from the dealer, but those will be for future use in case I f*** up again.

The wearing parts should be the same as long as it is the 160 mm pump. I found my answer that they updated to a Is 2 piece housing in 2019. I found the removal process on greenhulk. I did find an impeller and I'm waiting for delivery. I have not found any videos detailing removal of the ring on a 2 piece housing so this should get very interesting lol

The wearing parts should be the same as long as it is the 160 mm pump. I found my answer that they updated to a Is 2 piece housing in 2019. I found the removal process on greenhulk. I did find an impeller and I'm waiting for delivery. I have not found any videos detailing removal of the ring on a 2 piece housing so this should get very interesting lol
Mine are 155mm.....not sure what the measurement refers too....

Mine are 155mm.....not sure what the measurement refers too....
160mm are used with the SVHO motors and it refers to the ID of the pump itself. The non supercharged boats have the standard 155mm pumps. I wasn't aware the supercharged boats had the 160mm pump though, I thought it was only on the waverunners?

Back