• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

impromptu sushi night on the 212x

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We typically store our boat about an hour away from us, combined with the fact the family as a whole is typically scattered all over the place........Well, the moon/stars aligned last night.

I had the boat in the driveway all week working on speakers/dynamat/power port. Then as the day at the salt mines came to a close we realized the family would be intact this evening !!! Ordered up a boat of Sushi, packed a cooler, had the boat on the water within the hour. !!

Dinner = mandatory phones stowed, boat = quality family time, Sushi = wicked awesome.

settled into a small cove, quality eats and quality chats for better part of an hour, then Alec circumnavigated the lake while we enjoyed the new speakers and a quieter boat !

perfect hump day....now have to wait for the weekend !!

2.jpg

Last edited:

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Awesome love it! Seth and I were talking last night about how much fun we had with you guys on the trip and how great your family is. We look to you as a great example of what a family should be!

Keep the family tips coming :)

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Love the family time. I have been wanting to take the boat out for some quality dinner time with the family. Just have not found the time yet. Kids are just way too busy this summer.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is there a way to block individual pictures?

Cuz, if my wife sees this I'm going to have to haul sushi in cooler for 4-5 hours next time we go!

That looks awesome. And it's something I've never done due to the distance involved.

And if I scroll up and look at that one more time I'm really not going to enjoy the sammich my wife packed for my lunch.:confused:

waterboy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Man that's awesome!!! Great way to spend a summer evening...

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Awesome love it! Seth and I were talking last night about how much fun we had with you guys on the trip and how great your family is. We look to you as a great example of what a family should be!

Keep the family tips coming :)
Rob, Thank you ! A compliment of the highest degree.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Is there a way to block individual pictures?

Cuz, if my wife sees this I'm going to have to haul sushi in cooler for 4-5 hours next time we go!
If you add a refrigerator then you will not need the cooler!

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you add a refrigerator then you will not need the cooler!
Funny you should mention that.. I mentioned your reefer (no not that) to a friend and he was very impressed and interested. He is thinking of doing the same!

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@justason Well Eric... I must say that looks quite a bit better than the quick McDonald's we shared the other night. .. Lol..
Great moment captured there...thanks for sharing.
Steve

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@justason Well Eric... I must say that looks quite a bit better than the quick McDonald's we shared the other night. .. Lol..
Great moment captured there...thanks for sharing.
Steve
I tasted that till monday!!!

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah you do impromptu better than I...

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@justason I ment to ask earlier. Dynamat..under floor on top of gas tank only? How well hasbit cut sound? Size and thickness..maybe a source and part #?
Thanks

waterboy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Lspeedss Eric @justason was on my boat and commented about how quiet it was. I showed him what I did on the engine compartment. I used the Dynamat first (this is the foil backed thin covering) followed up by 1/2" Dynaliner, which is self adhesive foam. It was all adhered to the bottom of the engine hatch. It really killed the resonance of the big engine hatch and only cost around $100 bucks. Shop the internet for best pricing on the Dynamat products.

I didn;t use a meter. I don't know how measurable it is (yeah, I'm and engineer by schooling and like to measure everything as others do) but I will tell you it made a difference in the ability to carry on a conversation at speed. Now I can hear my wife yelling at me all the time :D