• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

In Boat Wireless (WiFi) Repeater

This is way above my pay grade but for what it's worth I use the Netgear extender at our lake house and can pick up the signal at my dock which is 300 to 350 feet away from my house. I don't work from the dock just use it for music. I really enjoy reading this thread and picking up a few things, thanks for posting this @Bruce .

@Bruce ,

I'm interested in what Linux SW your using to turn PC into a router.

Did you need two dongles for this?

Also, you going to use a wireless HDMI dongle or phone/tablet app to run the PC?

Inquiring minds want to know :)

The new setup is the Ubiquiti Rocket with dual 12 dBm antennas connected via ethernet to a Raspberry Pi 2. The Pi has a TP-LINK TL-WDN3200 N600 Dual Band Wireless USB Adapter and a Behringer UCA202 Audio Interface connected to it. I installed a 64 GB class 10 Micro SDHC card into it with the RuneOS (Arch Linux) distribution installed. I have 55GB free to add music. If I want to add additional music I can simply put it on a thumb drive and it will be available as soon as it is plugged in. The music player is controlled using RuneUI from any phone, tablet, PC, etc within WiFi range. RuneUI is also capable of rebooting and shutting down the Pi. I am using Create_AP as a service to provide 2.4 and 5 Ghz access point capability on the Pi. I had to install and configure wireless-regdb, crda and linux-firmware on the Pi to get it to allow operation as a 5Ghz AP. I connect to the Rocket's web interface through the Pi's access point to choose the remote network to use for internet access.

Last edited:
Ok...will need a tutorial later :)
Me know no Linux :)

Once I get it how I want it I can send you an image file to write to a SD card, plug into your Pi and go if you want to replicate what I am doing.

That's awesome..but I'm also the, how it works guy...do..will talk your ear off ;)

how it works guy

My guess is that a future version of RuneOS will handle creating an access point through the UI. That and expanding from the default 2GB filesystem to 64 GB are the only manual operations to set it up. You can connect to WiFi and ethernet networks through he UI.

Bruce,

Interested in replicating your audio setup with raspberry pi. I recognize its busy time, may I ask if you get some time after the holidays if things get slow for image so I can follow your pattern?

Thanks
Mark

Bruce,

Interested in replicating your audio setup with raspberry pi. I recognize its busy time, may I ask if you get some time after the holidays if things get slow for image so I can follow your pattern?

Thanks
Mark

I ran into a problem using the Pi and I hope to have the solution. I used a Behringer UCA202 USB audio interface for the output to the Fusion head unit. Connected directly it created a ticking sound in the audio. I believe this to be caused by a ground loop. I tried various power supplies without luck. I added a ground loop isolater which solved that issue but lowered the input level perhaps 6 db.

I purchased an optical to line level converter that I plan to use to replace the ground loop isolator but have not tested it yet. Hopefully it will eliminate the loss.

I am using the IP600G driving six Infinity Marine 6x9S. Using the BT100 Bluetooth adapter, the Sabrent DLNA adapter or the Pi without the ground loop isolator we were able to hear audio clearly while running the boat at full throttle.

The other alternative is to add an amplifier but I want to save my batteries for the fridge.

I ran into a problem using the Pi and I hope to have the solution. I used a Behringer UCA202 USB audio interface for the output to the Fusion head unit. Connected directly it created a ticking sound in the audio. I believe this to be caused by a ground loop. I tried various power supplies without luck. I added a ground loop isolater which solved that issue but lowered the input level perhaps 6 db.

I purchased an optical to line level converter that I plan to use to replace the ground loop isolator but have not tested it yet. Hopefully it will eliminate the loss.

I am using the IP600G driving six Infinity Marine 6x9S. Using the BT100 Bluetooth adapter, the Sabrent DLNA adapter or the Pi without the ground loop isolator we were able to hear audio clearly while running the boat at full throttle.

The other alternative is to add an amplifier but I want to save my batteries for the fridge.
Bruce,

Sounds like Sabrent is good to go on the plug and play option for now. Thank you for the input on this stuff! A new project :thumbsup: to get me back into the boat.

Thanks!
Mark

Back