• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

In need of help planing mild audio updates...

Stealth

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Hello I'm starting to plan for a mild audio update for my 195S. I'm not looking to be the loudest on the water, I just want the internal sound to be a little cleaner. slightly louder, and maybe get some sound out of the boat when we are beached and swimming. I'm looking at using the Wet Sounds HTX-4 to drive the stock speakers. A few questions:

1. Will this be to much on the single deep cell battery the boat has. (I already carry a jump pack just in case)
2. I may want to add WS Icon 8 towers down the road. In this case I'd still use the HTX-4 to drive the stock speakers in parallel at 2 ohms and then give the icons the other channel. Would this work?

Now to really go down the rabbit hole...
3. If Question 1 isn't working out I was considering switching over to an Ionic LFP 125Ah dual purpose battery (Buy 12 Volt 125Ah Lithium Deep Cycle Battery | LithiumHub). Has anyone done this? I like that it has the built in BT SOC info and seems highly regarded on other boat forums.
4. If you use a single LFP battery can you use a jump pack with it in an emergency. This would be a rare emergency event.
5. My biggest concern with LFP batteries is a BMS or complete failure. In that case I would assume that you would be stuck. I do like the simplicity of lead acid / AMG batteries. Even a failure should still allow for a jump and limp home.
6. I was considering a dual battery system with one LPF and one AMG but this feels over kill for capacity. From all the post I read there doesn't seem to be an easy way to mix LFP with AMG and still be able to charge with a DVSR without manual intervention. At least this was my understanding from the very detailed posts of @FSH 210 Sport and @HangOutdoors

Thanks in advance for any and all comments on this. This post turned into a complete brain dump hopefully this helps sort things out!

Update on number 5:

I ran an interesting test that makes me think you would in fact be able to jump start an engine with a completely failed LFP. I was able to start the boat and then turn off the main battery switch and the boat was able to continue to run. I would suspect that a jump pack with the safety mode turned off would be able to get you going again.

Back