• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

In The Belly Of The Beast

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I replaced both control cables over the last few days. I bought them a few years ago but they never really bothered me until the end of last season. Having to shift by whacking the throttles doesn't instill a lot of confidence in your passengers so I thought it was about time.

I almost forgot how much fun it was being in the belly of the beast. Ahhh, the smell of the lower bilge, the fiberglass splinters. The pound of flesh you peel off on the sharp fiberglass edges.

In any case it was not an uneventful exercise. Thinking I would get to it and get it done didn't happen. I had to remove exhaust hoses which seemed to have been welded on. In doing so I found 2 broken clamps. I ordered T clamps to replace them. As mentioned in an earlier post I also found 2 broken nylon nuts on the engine cut off switches under the clean out hatch. I'll pick those up Wednesday. I figured I would bring one of the switches to ensure the nuts were the right size so I found the modular connector (Thanks @Scottintexas). While I was unplugging the connector to the starboard switch I noticed the connector was marked Port. I think this came from the factory this way. You may want to check yours.

Anyway, after all the bad language my neighbors had to put up with, the skinned knuckles and the whining I now can shift with just 2 fingers. As a bonus my wife took me out to dinner. Mostly because she knew I would stop whining in a restaurant full of people.

giroux68

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's not a real project until you get some of your blood involed.