• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

INCREDIBLE Wide-View Mirror - Especially for 2015 24-foot Yamahas

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
This has already been posted before, and I personally wanna thank @Williamsone46 for letting me know about this.
This mirror "set" is from CIPA, a highly-respected mirror manufacturer, for trucks, watercraft, boats, cars, trailers, and the like.

While this mirror has a HUGE WIDE VIEW for you wake boarders and skiers, and it works for virvually ANY boat window frame, it TOTALLY SOLVES the "Mirror Problem" for 2015 24-foot Yamahas with factory towers. The 2015 24-foot Yamaha design makes it virtually impossible to mount any currently-available mirror to the tower.

You CAN purchase this mirror "set" from any Yamaha dealer, as it is available thru them as an official accessory item. However, you can also buy it from Amazon at a highly DISCOUNTED price.

Adam lists in his signature line, what I believe is currently the only good choice in this area: "CIPA® Clamp-on Vision 180 Mirror"

From Amazon - in 2 pieces, and it is delivered to your door.

A) Cipa 2310 Black Deluxe Windshield Mirror Bracket - $ 57.32
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EVILBOQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
B) CIPA 01600 Vision 180° Mirror Head -$ 55.82
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C9V1RJG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

EXCELLENT product.
As one reviewer wrote: "Field of view is amazing. For the price, no mirror on the market can touch it."

Sincerely hope this info. helps others here looking for a good mirror solution.
Enjoy this great upcoming week, Mike Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

Last edited:
The next alternative that does the same thing is well over 300$.

@MikeyL, I may order one of these. Could you post a pic of it installed? Thanks

I'ld be happy to.
But to save time, I am going to post a re-sized photo that Adam, @Williamsone46 posted. This is what convinced me to purchase one.
By the way, MINE is mounted on the passenger window frame.
And the mirror can be "tilted" forwards if you wish, by simply lifting up a "pad" on the window mount.

MIRROR - sm.jpg

Does this disconnect easily? I have avoided window mounted mirrors (except the stick on kind) because I put my cover back on the boat.

No.

You don't need to disconnect it. Just flip it down when you put the cover on. Mine is the same way (just 3 times as expensive...)

This is the mirror I just got, just put it on the boat but haven't been out with it yet. It is a little more money than the mirror @MikeyL is hawking up-thread but a lot less than most tower mount adjustable mirrors.

http://www.aerialwakeboarding.com/v/vspfiles/wakeboard-mirrors/wakeboard-mirrors.asp

Edit: I just went back and looked more closely at the picture and of course my mirror won't fit on that fancy tower. Sorry for the basically irrelevant post!

This is the mirror I just got, just put it on the boat but haven't been out with it yet. It is a little more money than the mirror @MikeyL is hawking up-thread but a lot less than most tower mount adjustable mirrors.
http://www.aerialwakeboarding.com/v/vspfiles/wakeboard-mirrors/wakeboard-mirrors.asp
Stefan .......... I own 1 of these mirrors YOU just bought. It is simply WONDERFUL ! Period. Exudes QUALITY with all of the deeply polished aluminum.
Only problem is it will not work on any 2015 24-foot factory-towered Yamaha. That's all.
Good luck with yours ........and Happy Memorial Day weekend coming up

Last edited:
I just ordered the same mirror as Stefan and was considering canceling for the one posted here. I think I will keep the order and wait for it (backordered until early June) since @MikeyL said its wonderful with an exclamation point and a PERIOD :)

I just ordered the same mirror as Stefan and was considering canceling for the one posted here. I think I will keep the order and wait for it (backordered until early June) since @MikeyL said its wonderful with an exclamation point and a PERIOD :)
You are gonna be MORE than pleased with it.
Gorgeous, wide viewing area, Functional, and comes with all of the "rubber inserts" to insure it will fir on virtually any size tower.
Nice choice !
<
PERIOD >
<
! >
:winkingthumbsup"

Stefan .......... I own 1 of these mirrors you just bought. It is simply WONDERFUL ! Period. Exudes QUALITY with all of the deeply polished aluminum.
Only problem is it will not work on any 2015 24-foot factory-towered Yamaha. That's all.
Good luck with yours ........and Happy Memorial Day weekend coming up

Sorry @MikeyL I edited my post (almost immediately after posting but not quick enough to catch you though) in acknowledgement that it had nothing to offer to the OP because I didn't pay close enough attention to the tower in the original picture. But I do like my mirror!

Back