• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Infant life jackets? (And I’m gonna need two!! 😳)

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ok, my better half and I are expecting twins early next year. I’m excited and scared. Sometimes I feel like jumping for joy while crapping my pants. 😏 Anyway, I’ve been perusing different life jackets, because I want to get something comfortable. We’ve taken her sister’s family out with us a few times, and their 6 month old hated (and I mean hated!) her life jacket. Was a non stop battle to keep her from crying, and we will have TWO little poop factories to monitor. So ultimately, yeah, safety is the most important thing, blah blah blah, I want something that is comfortable. I’ve been looking at the Salus Bijoux, and the Stearns Hydro. What infant life jackets have you guys found to be the most comfortable, and what led you to your choice?

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congratulations!

agannole93

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Congrats, times 2! We are expecting our first in December, so I've been doing some searching in preparation for next summer. The Salus based on my research is not USCG approved, so I'd personally take that into consideration. I did some searching here for other info, hopefully others chime in based on experience. I'd love to hear as well.

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Congrats, times 2! We are expecting our first in December, so I've been doing some searching in preparation for next summer. The Salus based on my research is not USCG approved, so I'd personally take that into consideration. I did some searching here for other info, hopefully others chime in based on experience. I'd love to hear as well.
Gee whiz, for the price, you’d think it would be CC approved... I’ll certainly keep that in mind, thanks!

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

—Яiвs>

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length

UFfitz56

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
See you have an SX230...Tried a few but Yamaha's is honestly the nicest we've used! She's 23 lbs now and still fits as well as when she was 16lbs. Congrats!

IMG_4327.jpg

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Ok, my better half and I are expecting twins early next year. I’m excited and scared. Sometimes I feel like jumping for joy while crapping my pants. 😏 Anyway, I’ve been perusing different life jackets, because I want to get something comfortable. We’ve taken her sister’s family out with us a few times, and their 6 month old hated (and I mean hated!) her life jacket. Was a non stop battle to keep her from crying, and we will have TWO little poop factories to monitor. So ultimately, yeah, safety is the most important thing, blah blah blah, I want something that is comfortable. I’ve been looking at the Salus Bijoux, and the Stearns Hydro. What infant life jackets have you guys found to be the most comfortable, and what led you to your choice?
@dgfreeze .....first congratulations. As a former lifeguard (in my yout) we used to recommend vests that had a neck collar that would right the baby and hold its head up. By the time she was a good swimmer (3 years old) she graduated to a normally configured like jacket. After that, at each stage she grew into a new sized life jacket we would buy several different styles, keep the bills and let her choose then return the other two or three - never had a complaint. Now that she has started scuba diving and has been down to reefs she thinks she doesn't need one. She will soon be 13 and has complete confidence in her vast knowledge of....well everything. LOL. Enjoy the first few months because as soon as the two of them start walking your life will get complicated. :) BTW "hot tip" if you and your wife are resting with a glass of wine and the house gets quiet - move fast they are disassembling something! :cool:

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@dgfreeze .....first congratulations. As a former lifeguard (in my yout) we used to recommend vests that had a neck collar that would right the baby and hold its head up. By the time she was a good swimmer (3 years old) she graduated to a normally configured like jacket. After that, at each stage she grew into a new sized life jacket we would buy several different styles, keep the bills and let her choose then return the other two or three - never had a complaint. Now that she has started scuba diving and has been down to reefs she thinks she doesn't need one. She will soon be 13 and has complete confidence in her vast knowledge of....well everything. LOL. Enjoy the first few months because as soon as the two of them start walking your life will get complicated. :) BTW "hot tip" if you and your wife are resting with a glass of wine and the house gets quiet - move fast they are disassembling something! :cool:
Yeah, flipping them belly up and holding the head is the prerequisite for the first jackets, I’m mainly trying to figure out if some are extra comfortable.

lol, at some point, it might be worth it to deal with reassembling something in exchange for some peace and quiet...😝

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Congrats, you're in for the ride of your life! Our twins turn 6 next month.

Can't help on the life jacket options...I don't remember which ones we used, but I do remember them not liking them very much anyway.

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Congrats, you're in for the ride of your life! Our twins turn 6 next month.

Can't help on the life jacket options...I don't remember which ones we used, but I do remember them not liking them very much anyway.
Thank you, I'm sure it's gonna be a friggin roller coaster!

And knowing what to avoid is just as important as knowing what others liked...lol I just don't want to be dealing with two crying babies when we are out there trying to enjoy a relaxing day on the water.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Congrats! You're in for some "interesting" days. :)

For life jackets, I was always told that Mustang makes some of the best: Kids' PFDs

Never could afford the dang things myself, but they are supposed to be awesome.

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Thank you, I'm sure it's gonna be a friggin roller coaster!

And knowing what to avoid is just as important as knowing what others liked...lol I just don't want to be dealing with two crying babies when we are out there trying to enjoy a relaxing day on the water.
@dg freeze ......with kids, grandkids and friends' kids we have found the motion of the boat soothes them and even puts them to sleep. Your biggest challenge will come (trust me) when they figure out how to use your boat stereo/amp and want to play their music which will start out as the Muppets then graduate to Katy Perry, Taylor Swift.......you'll know you've lost it when you start humming along to "their" tunes when you are alone in your own car.....it's coming - rest-up!!!!! :cool:

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@dg freeze ......with kids, grandkids and friends' kids we have found the motion of the boat soothes them and even puts them to sleep. Your biggest challenge will come (trust me) when they figure out how to use your boat stereo/amp and want to play their music which will start out as the Muppets then graduate to Katy Perry, Taylor Swift.......you'll know you've lost it when you start humming along to "their" tunes when you are alone in your own car.....it's coming - rest-up!!!!! :cool:
1601327121249.png

LOL, I'm sure it'll happen, but I'm gonna fight it as long as I can!!!