• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Initial review of flat tank oil extractor

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
image.jpg
My wife's latest birthday gift too me and one of the best ones so far.
I have only used it once, well on three engines in the same day, and it worked flawlessly.
The tank is huge but easy to move around. It did not leak and got the oil out of each warm engine quickly.
I like that it has a hose holder but dislike that the hose doesn't come with a flip on/off cap so residual oil doesn't leak out of it. One other con is that it doesn't come with its own battery or at least a holding / mounting spot for one (e.g. A pocket and strap to hold a 12v pwc battery). Still so far, I love it.

What if you got a jump pack with a cigarette lighter type power port and made a power adapter...you could even put disconnects on it so you could switch back to the alligator clips if you wanted. And you gain a jump pack.

Good idea @Big Shasta , my boat's batteries have been repositioned deeper in the compartment so they hard to get to. Using a 12v adapter would be easier than getting to the batteries where the boat is conerned and should be easy enough to switch back to the alligator clips when I need to use the pump on the jet skis.

Back