• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Inside the boat storage ideas

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@njmr2fan if you do the bucket, make sure you get some DoubleDoodie bags. They're a must have when that "emergency" strikes.

@spaz944
As far as organization ideas, I know the 24' boats are different, but suggestions can't hurt...
- We use collapsible laundry hampers for both our trash can (with a kitchen trash bag) and to hold our fenders.
- I also put the shoe holders on both walls inside the head compartment. These are awesome for small items and lines.
- Inside the rear starboard seat is where we store all the water toys. Floats, rafts, tow ropes, snorkels, etc... I find these things difficult to organize so I just put them all in their own mesh bag. This at least lets me easily sort through the stuff for what I am looking for. (I try not to let anyone else look in that compartment because it still doesn't look as nice as I would like)
- In the bow and battery compartments, everything is stored inside latching lid totes. I have a bunch of different sizes for various items.

Good luck getting organized!

bandit79

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
After looking at the 24' ideas, and not having the extra wood in the storage area to screw into, I wonder how beneficial it would be to add some PVC board/plywood "walls" to to fore and aft of that big storage area in these 21'ers? This way you could screw shelves/rods/etc into it instead of the fiberglass? That fiberglass looks awful thin to me!
I wonder if there is way to glue to PVC boards to the fiberglass walls? Just trying to throw out some ideas there! :);)

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Slapjaw

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Id like to install a fuel tank into the ski locker. I always take long trips where I more fuel storage. Or maybe find space for dual 30 gallon gas tanks

Aqua Jetaway

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I bought my 2019 212X new at the beginning of 2020. I love the boat and keep moving things around trying figure out the best places for everything. One thing that really bugs me is that one of my fire extinguishers is mounted on the floor in the port side stern seat area. This area is already pretty busy with batteries and amplifier. Having the fire extinguisher mounted in the middle of the floor, pretty much ruins the whole compartment for storage. It also makes getting to the extinguisher in an emergency, pretty much worthless. I’d love to relocate this fire extinguisher. Any good ideas out there?

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’d love to relocate this fire extinguisher. Any good ideas out there?
Don’t have your exact boat, so not certain if either of these work.
1) I have one stored in the port side console, attached to the back of the grab handle
2) In the same compartment that you currently have it located, could you mount it vertically on the back of the table mount? I’m not sure how that compartment looks with the ballast bag.

Aqua Jetaway

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I relocated the starboard extinguisher from inside the console to under the helm along the inner wall. This makes it an easy grab and keeps it out of the storage areas. I was thinking about relocating the port extinguisher to the port console or even to the inside of the port console door. I would much rather have it upright - makes it easier to grab and keeps it from getting stuff piled on top.

Aqua Jetaway

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Don’t have your exact boat, so not certain if either of these work.
1) I have one stored in the port side console, attached to the back of the grab handle
2) In the same compartment that you currently have it located, could you mount it vertically on the back of the table mount? I’m not sure how that compartment looks with the ballast bag.
I appreciate the suggestions, but they are both problematic.

To install on the back side of the grab handle, I’d need to remove the glove box console to make sure I don’t drill/screw through.

The back of the table mount in the port console has battery switches and battery cover in the way.

I think I’m going to position it horizontally on the inner wall near the deck beside the first mate’s chair. Should be reachable by first mate and away from feet or swing of chair.

Thanks,

Ron