• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Installed my own fresh water shower

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well it was a PIA but its done. I didn't want the factory kit as that is just a shower where this is a shower and can be used to wash the boat down after salt water use. installed a 10 gallon hard tank, power switch and a seaflo wash down kit. I also connected everything to a water dish for filling but my hole saw was just too jumpy on a test cut so I have to ponder the install of that, for now its just tucked in with the pump and 25' hose.

Attachments

Jaylex

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks great....I also added a aftermarket shower, and they come in handy, and offer more flexibility than the factory shower that's lacking in pressure and the hose is to short. I've used it to wash off sand, clean coolers, wash hands, and hose down the entire boat.

I contemplated that same location but my tank is only 6 gallons so it's in the transom storage.

I'm interested to see where you end up installing the inlet to fill the tank. Im in the same boat, pun intended...I can do it by just opening the top but am thinking of adding a hose with an inlet somewhere I can just unscrew and fill.

20180407_143150.jpg

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great thread, I recently installed a wash-down and I really like the idea of a fresh water tank for showers. Currently I only have a hose going out for lake water with a heavy galvanized pipe T at the end for weight (because the hose is stiff). I reused a water pump from my RV, added an in-line 10a fuse and a switch at the helm. I only have a single pic to share since I'm at work but I'll add more tonight.

Jaylex

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think there was someone else on here who was also looking at a hybrid system, that could pull in lake water or fresh water based on which valve you open, so if you wanted to add a tank it should be feasible.

I can get about 3-4 trips out of my 6 gallon tank before I need to refill it.

Im also using reverse osmosis water so when I wash down the boat it will dry without any water spots. My installer suggested that since it gets so hot and cause unwanted spots.

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think there was someone else on here who was also looking at a hybrid system, that could pull in lake water or fresh water based on which valve you open, so if you wanted to add a tank it should be feasible.

I can get about 3-4 trips out of my 6 gallon tank before I need to refill it.

Im also using reverse osmosis water so when I wash down the boat it will dry without any water spots. My installer suggested that since it gets so hot and cause unwanted spots.
The filtered water is an excellent idea! And yes, I was thinking a simple control valve plumbed-in should do the trick.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Very nice set up . Parts list and where to buy? Please
Were you satisfied with all the items or would alternate parts have worked better .

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not sure who you were asking about parts but here are links to some of mine. These were the main parts. A lot of the miscellaneous connectors, clamps, fuse holder and hoses were purchased at tractor supply maybe another $75.00. So all told maybe $300 for everything. Not too bad for 10 gallons and enough pressure to wash the whole boat inside and out. I have a video but its not real good. The can hardly hear the pump when its running but in the video it seems loud. Will spray water about 30' and it comes with a 25' hose.

Water Dish/Filler $9.17
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BGM240/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Waterproof switch $7.99
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ODWODOU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

water pump kit $119.99
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OOD2U20/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Marine wire $27.95
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MI59JD4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

10 Gallon Tank $32.95
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007MSDYFQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Jaylex

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mine was around the same price range...300 or so.

Coheeba

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Has anyone upgraded the stock pump on the OEM fresh water wash down system? The OEM pump sucks :D.

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Very nice set up . Parts list and where to buy? Please
Were you satisfied with all the items or would alternate parts have worked better .
I only paid for some braided hose from the local hardware store, a pass-through hose connector and a custom 'wash-down' switch. Other than that, I already had a water pump from my RV, a coiled hose from my old Toy Hauler, a nozzle that came with a garden hose and all the wires and fuse holders I needed.
Only thing I'd change is to get the highest GPH pump I could find because the 3.0 pump I used is just barely enough. I think a 4.0 or even 5.0 would be ideal.
Here's a pic of the helm 'wash-down' switch I installed.

20180629_165652.jpg

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well it was a PIA but its done. I didn't want the factory kit as that is just a shower where this is a shower and can be used to wash the boat down after salt water use. installed a 10 gallon hard tank, power switch and a seaflo wash down kit. I also connected everything to a water dish for filling but my hole saw was just too jumpy on a test cut so I have to ponder the install of that, for now its just tucked in with the pump and 25' hose.
Can you show a pic of where that switch comes through in the engine bay. I wanted to mount my switch there but didn’t think it would work.

Merlion

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Looks great....I also added a aftermarket shower, and they come in handy, and offer more flexibility than the factory shower that's lacking in pressure and the hose is to short. I've used it to wash off sand, clean coolers, wash hands, and hose down the entire boat.

I contemplated that same location but my tank is only 6 gallons so it's in the transom storage.

I'm interested to see where you end up installing the inlet to fill the tank. Im in the same boat, pun intended...I can do it by just opening the top but am thinking of adding a hose with an inlet somewhere I can just unscrew and fill.

View attachment 76842
Can you please send me a link or desription of this exact water tank and pump? (and any install tips) I need to do this exact upgrade to my boat. tks!

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I'm not sure what Jalex used but this is my set up its not high pressure but I use it to rinse off the salt water its very refreshing. In the North east I need warm water so I fill a 5 gallon bucket from a tap and dump it in and it stays warm all day long. I used the big kahuna 4.7 gallon and grab power from the stock cigarette lighter plug in the wet storage . I did like it so much I sourced my own parts and made a second for the bow area and rinse the entire boat and brakes after pulling out of the ramp this paired with a sqeege and towel the boat leaves the ramp sparkling with no dried salt residue or dried on scum at the water line . Let me know I can post links to the parts to build your own it was about $40 to $50

The opening had to be made a little wider for easy removal and install

20180917_161720_1537217112862_resized.jpg

Hot water fill up installed from the bucket a Kayak handle kit in the lid allows it to be placed in the wet storage easily extended the stock hose

20180917_161435_1537217114026_resized.jpg

For power this 3 way spliter has push button on and off for each power outlet the little thing hanging down is piezo alarm it rings when power is applied this prevents it from being left on , kids use it a lot

20180917_161302_1537217115565_resized.jpg

pressure is good enough

20190911_123537.jpg

paqleomas

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm not sure what Jalex used but this is my set up its not high pressure but I use it to rinse off the salt water its very refreshing. In the North east I need warm water so I fill a 5 gallon bucket from a tap and dump it in and it stays warm all day long. I used the big kahuna 4.7 gallon and grab power from the stock cigarette lighter plug in the wet storage . I did like it so much I sourced my own parts and made a second for the bow area and rinse the entire boat and brakes after pulling out of the ramp this paired with a sqeege and towel the boat leaves the ramp sparkling with no dried salt residue or dried on scum at the water line . Let me know I can post links to the parts to build your own it was about $40 to $50

The opening had to be made a little wider for easy removal and install

View attachment 120337

Hot water fill up installed from the bucket a Kayak handle kit in the lid allows it to be placed in the wet storage easily extended the stock hose

View attachment 120338

For power this 3 way spliter has push button on and off for each power outlet the little thing hanging down is piezo alarm it rings when power is applied this prevents it from being left on , kids use it a lot

View attachment 120339

pressure is good enough

View attachment 120340
This is great... Can you please post the parts you used? I am interested in how you connected the electricity and the 3 way spliter you mention in one of your pictures. Thank you.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
This is great... Can you please post the parts you used? I am interested in how you connected the electricity and the 3 way spliter you mention in one of your pictures. Thank you.
The 242XE has a 12v cigarette lighter plug stock from the factory in the wet storage area. I picked up an extension with switches

pump installed a plug at the end for the cigarette lighter

shower head

water container

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000A6UF4U/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Handle

you need some plastic hose from the hardware store and a fitting to attach through the water container . I tried with just the hose but the pump moved around to much I will take a picture of the fitting

Heizen

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
I've had two of Seachoice hose, one on my previous 28' center console and this one is on my new 32' center console. Very impressed with both of them. I have all praises for its 25-foot length with half an inch diameter. Holding it for a long time is not straining as it’s a lightweight, brewery washdown hose. Although it has plenty of lengths, it remains flexible as it reaches my boat’s console. The water flow is excellent and I’ve never experienced the need to wait for the water to come out. Moreover, it holds up well without leaks.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I've had two of Seachoice hose

I searched Seachoice hose thinking it would bring up some type of pump kit, no luck more info please with links