1. Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  2. After selling out of last years red and blue models, Eric Justason has ordered another round of Koozies. The new color options are Blue with Yellow Logo, Red with Black Logo and Yellow with Blue Logo. He is making them available for $1.25 each. You can order yours via his Order Form or you can discuss them in this Thread. All proceeds from Koozie sales go into future SWAG production and event sponsorship.

(Clicking the X in the top right hand corner will dismiss this notice).
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Kevin Michael Ouellette

Kevin Michael Ouellette Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Scarab
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    Other
    Boat Length:
    Where's a good spot to install an jl audio amp in a scarab 195 and wires the amp is a mhx 280/4 thanks

2. Mainah

Mainah Jetboaters Lieutenant

Ratings:
    +1,167 / 7
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    Limited S
    Boat Length:
    No idea on location for your model but I can offer some advice. Use good wire of the right size for the length of run and draw. By good wire I don't mean those kits on Amazon or at walmart that claim to be good wire. True to size and true pure copper and a minimum. The best stuff is individually tinned strands of copper. Knukonceptz.com has the best prices I have found on the really good wire and their quality is top notch. Whatever you do don't use CCA (copper clad aluminum wire).

Nice choice going with a JL amp. On location the best spot is normally one that stays free from moisture, wet towels, etc and is close to the battery if possible.

3. Scott E

Scott E Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 3
    Boat Make:
    SeaDoo
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    Challenger
    Boat Length:
    On my sea doo I'm installing the amp in the compartment in front of the driver seat where the radio etc is. The JL mx amps are pretty small. I went with the JL amp wiring kit and mx500/4 amp with the mx770 speakers.

4. Drift Away

Drift Away Jet Boat Addict

Ratings:
    +499 / 6
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    SX
    Boat Length:
    20170209_134346.jpg I am with everyone else on the location on your boat. I have no clue. But some place dry with good air flow to keep it cool when your parked somewhere jamming. I am running 2 6 channel JL amps and love them. Great choice

• Like Like x 1