• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Installing perfect pass

jetboat623

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So went to install my perfect pass today minutes after getting it, and ran in to my first problem. The plates look much longer then the install manual. They are about 13" long and they are suppose to go in a space only about 8" long and thats really pushing it. So I emailed tech support and now I wait.

IMG_2944.jpg IMG_2946.jpg IMG_2947.jpg

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Are those plates a new design?

jetboat623

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Not sure about design. It appears that the throttle body is mounted a lot lower then the one in the install manuel. Seems like an easy fix would be to remount them higher. Waiting to hear from perfect pass.

Addicted

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Those appear to be the same brackets that I have. To be honest, When I first started my install I had the same thoughts as you, but it worked just fine. If it was not pouring outside I would take some pics of my install, but I don't want to pull the cover off in the rain. I have attached a picture that PP sent to me while I was working through a high idle issue that I had initially. I ended up installing my brackets down further, and at more of an angle because I did not like the bind that the bracket pictured, caused. In fact, If I remember correctly I moved the throttle actuator itself a bit to make things smoother as well.

Attachments

jetboat623

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks #addicted! Looks like we live around the same lake, I would venture to guess you were the yamaha owner that came up to me the first day I had my boat in the water Aug, 2012. That photo is a lot different then the one in the install guild. That looks like it will work a lot better.

jetboat623

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Here is how they show it installed. The picture PP sent @Addicted doesn't really work either because the air filter is right there. Probably going to have to be a combination of moving the throttle actuator and angling the PP under the filter.

IMG_2948.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here's how mine are installed. They must have re-configured a few things in there.
PerfectPassCtl5.JPG
PerfectPassCtl1.JPG
PerfectPassCtl2.JPG

Turmelator

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Have a sx210 too and my tb actuators are highers than yours. Got my PP too last week and will start my install next week.
will watch this thread

Addicted

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks @Addicted! Looks like we live around the same lake, I would venture to guess you were the yamaha owner that came up to me the first day I had my boat in the water Aug, 2012. That photo is a lot different then the one in the install guild. That looks like it will work a lot better.
I remember meeting you. I believe you have a blue 212SX? I almost bought that boat, and decided on the 242 at the last minute. You have a nice looking boat!

Last edited by a moderator:

jetboat623

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Have a sx210 too and my tb actuators are highers than yours. Got my PP too last week and will start my install next week.
will watch this thread
I guess they moved the actuators in 2012 to the lower position, I spent today relocating one towards the back of the boat due to the access whole. The other one will be up high where they use to be installed, all the work is in a very small space so I needed a brake. If it wasn't for having to move them I think the whole thing wouldn't take more then three hours.
IMG_2965.jpg

A very small drill would be very helpful.

For anyone with a 2012 and newer doing the install I attached a picture of the location of the only wire you can get power from according to PP. It comes off one of the ignitions. PP isn't really clear where the wire is just that its yellow with a red stripe, took me a while to find it because its only about three inches long. I used the ground coming from the blower switch.
IMG_2942.jpg