• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Instrument panel no back lights?

Billy Marlin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I really hope I am missing something but when I hooked my lights to test everything I noticed the compass had a light but the other gauges did not light up. Is there a setting or does the boat have to be running for these to light up?

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My gauges are only back lit when the mourning lights or anchor lights are on, I wonder if that is your problem.

Billy Marlin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Turned all the lights on front Nav lights, courtesy lights, and the only thing on the dashboard that lit up was the compass. Might have to check tomorrow and make sure everything is hooked to the gauges.

bgruhn76

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
There's not a dimmer switch somewhere is there? I know, long shot but...

Billy Marlin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Issue Resolved:
Its not like a car when you put the key in position 2 the on position and everything turns on. You actually have to bump start it, it does not have to turn over just begin the starting process for the gauges to kick on. Once it goes though its initial startup if you turn the lights on the gauges light up. Since I have not had a chance to get on the water yet I had not fired this bad boy up yet.

bgruhn76

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Yeah, just like a jet ski basically. The engines have stators, not alternators. :)