• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Intercooler and BOV Install

blackfx

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Thanks to everyone for the great info on here and adding to the excitement of owning my first boat. This install has been described before but thought I'd share anyway in case it helps others. I won't know if it made a difference performance wise since I got the 2014 SX192 in October and won't be using it for awhile. It seems like it's been down in the 20s for weeks here. Based on the posts I was concerned about the heat soak issue and this sounded like a cheap fix. The Frozen Boost Type 14 IC is a deal at $150 when you think of the cost of most aftermarket parts. Then there was about $125 in hoses and connectors to hook it up and $45 for the Frozen Boost Type 10 BOV. Doubt that the BOV is necessary in my case but I figured why not?
220201231_123215.jpg
It takes a while to test fit all the hoses and cut some down to fit. The 90 to the throttle body had to be opened up with like a Rotozip on a Dremel since it was 2 3/4" but the throttle body is a bit bigger but not 3". I put an aluminum 4" coupler inside the BOV T. Regular couplers would have made it too long.
120210130_195113.jpg
Going from the supercharger I used the following parts:
2 1/2" 90
2 1/2" BOV T & 2 1/2" x 4" coupler
2 1/2" to 3" 90
3" coupler
1" cut off piece of hose
intercooler
3" 45
3" coupler
3" to 2 3/4" 90
The intake manifold needs to be tapped for the 1/4" vacuum line.
120210213_103527.jpg
While the manifold is off, you can take out the ribbon if you haven't already. Since the manifold was off, I removed the anode. It was full of salt, hopefully I can flush it all out.
120210131_223000.jpg
Here are some photos.
120210213_171240.jpg
120210213_171208.jpg
120210213_195532.jpg
The stock water lines can be connected with no modification. I have the parts to run a new line directly to the pump but I have lots of other work to do before I get to that. The IC isn't bolted down to anything, it's not going anywhere sitting on some rubber pads on one end braced between the wall and engine mount. The water line running from the scupper was kind of in the way so I put in a new one since the old one was rock hard and couldn't be bent at all. I used pool filter pump hose from Amazon, pretty much same as the original. I also downsized the conduit that 2 cables were running in to make a bit more room.

Attachments

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Good info thanks. Also how well did this all work out.?

blackfx

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
This all worked out well. I can't comment on the difference in performance since I installed it in the winter before ever running the stock I/C. Just from looking at the 2 units and the fact that Yamaha upgraded the I/C it must be an improvement in addition to other's experience on here. I'm still running the stock water lines, should add the separate line from the pump this winter.

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
bump for feedback!
I wonder if it will be an improvement to the SVHO intercooler... would be a fun project for winter!

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
So anyone done this on the 2020+ SVHO boats yet?