• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Interesting article about Yamaha Jet Boats

Great article... When I was doing research before I bought my limited 242s, every publication said the same thing. I don't think there's any debate as to who is the king of the jet boat segment.

I too like the fact that Yamaha makes all the major components, one stop shopping kinda. Also I know to many people who have had bad issues with BRP motors, between boats, PWC and snowmobiles I think they cut too many corners to increase performance and lower weight. I've got all Yami snowmobiles and I know they always get me home at the end of the day.

Fun to read but the article is so blatantly biased toward Yamaha that it is hard to credit. I like the direction Yamaha has gone with the 2015 24 footers and I hope that they apply at least some of that stuff (sound deadening, hinged seat cushions, etc.) to the 21 and 19 footers in the very near future. Hopefully the market competition from Chaparral and Scarab pushes them to continue to up their game. Chap has beaten Yamaha to the punch with an OEM surf system and perfect pass-esque cruise control.

Good article.

I think that the Yamaha experience in the PWC space was very persuasive on me. And that was before I read some of @Cobra Jet Steering LLC experience with their PWC's and how he rides them. Seems a very solid platform. Yes, hinged seats and all are nice. But if your boat won't last or breaks down constantly, that would be very bad.

Oooh! I so have to put that on my ipod now...

We love our Yamaha. Great family boat.
Ease of maintenance, interior layout, speed and maneuverability, sexy good looks, all in one decently priced package.
But, Yamaha could adjust their standards for quality control on the fit and finish. Perhaps some competition will push them to up their game in that respect.

Back