• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2024 255 FSH Sport H test.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
This is probably the most disappointing test I’ve seen BT do. I wrote them a rather scathing review not that it will get any notice, so disappointing. I’ve only seen two reviews on any of the Yamaha jet boats that mention the cruise assist in a meaningful way, boating magazines test of the 210 FSH and Canadian based Power Boat test of the 210 FSH, the latter actually demonstrated the cruise assist, then mentions “why more boats don’t have this feature is beyond me”.

In this test there is NO fuel consumption data, Whiskey Tang Foxtrot? The data is right there in front of you on the connext screen. Sigh.

Know what’s worse than no information? Bad Information.

My letter to BT.

Test on 2024 Yamaha 255 FSH Sport H.

I think this test should not have been published until all the test data was available. No fuel consumption data? Seriously? Capt Trip mentions best cruise but no numbers are given, That information is a hallmark of Boat test, and this data could have easily been obtained by using the connext screen as fuel consumption in gph is shown at any engine rpm level, heck the test data from the 2021 255 Sport E that Capt Steve did could have been used. Also this boats acceleration is phenomenal, and there is no mention of that.

Then later in the article where the engines are talked about, the author is talking about the new normally aspirated 1.9L engines that are NOT IN THIS BOAT. This boat has the super charged 1.8L engines.

There is mention of the no wake mode switch but no mention of the cruise assist that is associated with the cruise assist.

There is also no mention of the Simrads’ 2D fish finder and down imaging.

This is one of the most exciting and highly anticipated Yamaha tests and Boat Test review is disappointing as so many of the features of this boat have been left out of this test.

I try to stay away from negativity, but the short comings of this test are stark. Please pull this test down and re edit before re publishing it. If you need some assistance feel free to contact me at xxxxx

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
BT is beyond saving at this point, IMO.