• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Interesting Facts

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Different strokes for different folks. (Sorry still on the quotes kick)

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
If a mother panda has more than 1 cub, she will pick one to feed and let the other die.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
When threatened, a quokka (a marsupial about the size of a cat) will expell its young from her pouch so that it can run faster and escape safely.

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The average blue whale produces over 400 gallons of sperm when it ejaculates, but only 10% of that actually makes it into his mate. So 360 gallons are spilled into the ocean every time one unloads, and you wonder why the ocean is so salty

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
The average blue whale produces over 400 gallons of sperm when it ejaculates, but only 10% of that actually makes it into his mate. So 360 gallons are spilled into the ocean every time one unloads, and you wonder why the ocean is so salty
No more swimming in the ocean for me.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Your salary is your employers monthly subscription fee for your services.

gapndenver

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have a few to add -
Retirement - Dad would say that he would get up in the morning with nothing to do and by evening he would have it half done.

Time – Mother Nature’s way of not having everything happen at once

Setting goals – if you are not going anywhere any road will do.

Rationalization – using a good excuse in place of the real one. {sometimes seen by boat salesmen!}

Integrity – doing the same thing whether your Mom is watching or not.

About tasks – no task is impossible for the man that does not have to do it.

Good Health is dying at the slowest possible rate.

Andrew Jackson (Past US President from the 1800’s) It takes a small mind
to only think of one way to spell a word

On Necessity – Most say Necessity is the mother of invention – I shorten is slightly – and say -
Necessity is a mother

Difference between involved and committed – in bacon and eggs the
chicken is involved and the pig is committed

Comment on Golf – nothing increases your score like witnesses.

Dad would say you could catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

If accidents were intentional they would be called purposes.

From Kenneth Graham – and The Wind in the Willows – There is nothing, absolutely nothing half so much worth doing as simply messing about in Boats.

Ben Franklin gets credit for saying Beer shows us that God loves us and wants us to be happy. But he really said in a letter to wine drinking friend - WINE; a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy!

Some luck lies in not getting what you thought you wanted, but getting what you have, which once you have got it you may not be smart enough to see it is what you would have wanted had you known. Garrison Keillor

Attitude – “The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude to me is more important than fact. It is more important than past, then education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than success, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness, or skill. It will make or break a company…church…a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for the day. We cannot change our past…we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is to play on the one thing we have, and that is out attitude…I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you…we are in charge of our Attitudes.” Author Unknown

On beauty – It’s more important that woman be pretty than smart because men see better than they think.

There are six phases of a project – 1) Enthusiasm 2) Disillusionment 3) Panic 4) Search for the guilty 5) Punishment of the Innocent and 6) Praise and honors for the non-participants.

A superior Sailor is best defined as one who uses his superior judgement to keep out of situations requiring his superior skill.

Fear of flying inhibits soaring

And my favorite - We all bring joy to the room, some by arriving and some by departing.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I have a few to add -
Retirement - Dad would say that he would get up in the morning with nothing to do and by evening he would have it half done.

Rationalization – using a good excuse in place of the real one. {sometimes seen by boat salesmen!}

On Necessity – Most say Necessity is the mother of invention – I shorten is slightly – and say -
Necessity is a mother

From Kenneth Graham – and The Wind in the Willows – There is nothing, absolutely nothing half so much worth doing as simply messing about in Boats.

Ben Franklin gets credit for saying Beer shows us that God loves us and wants us to be happy. But he really said in a letter to wine drinking friend - WINE; a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy!

Some luck lies in not getting what you thought you wanted, but getting what you have, which once you have got it you may not be smart enough to see it is what you would have wanted had you known. Garrison Keillor

Attitude – “The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude to me is more important than fact. It is more important than past, then education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than success, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness, or skill. It will make or break a company…church…a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for the day. We cannot change our past…we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is to play on the one thing we have, and that is out attitude…I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you…we are in charge of our Attitudes.” Author Unknown

On beauty – It’s more important that woman be pretty than smart because men see better than they think.

There are six phases of a project – 1) Enthusiasm 2) Disillusionment 3) Panic 4) Search for the guilty 5) Punishment of the Innocent and 6) Praise and honors for the non-participants.

A superior Sailor is best defined as one who uses his superior judgement to keep out of situations requiring his superior skill.

And my favorite - We all bring joy to the room, some by arriving and some by departing.
Nice... :Welcome: to the forum!!!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
“Don’t throw the baby out with the bath water”...

Which seems quite relevant with the news this morning, lol.

Looper7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
“Don’t throw the baby out with the bath water”...

Which seems quite relevant with the news this morning, lol.

Bath what's that we all work from home now. Well not all but who is going to smell you from 6 feet away.🤭

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a few to add -

Necessity is a mother

That's one heck of a first post, Love it

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Another favorite:

"Better to be thought of as a fool, than to open your mouth and prove it!"

Jane305

Reaction score
Boat Make
Grady White
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
It is impossible for most people to lick their own elbow. (try it!)

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
In Nuke Power School a popular question on tests was "What controls reactor power". The the whole page would be blank. All of our tests in Nuke School were essay questions. And you could always tell how much you had to write by the space between the next question. It's been a while but the short answer is as follows:

Negative alpha T controls reactor power or another way to say it "steam demand" controls reactor power.
A typical pressurized water reactor has 2 loops. A primary loop which has water going thru the reactor core getting heated and then passing thru a steam generator (aka. hot water heater), and a secondary loop, which is water that is on the outside of the u-tubes in the steam generator. That water gets heated by the primary loop and flashes to steam, then the steam goes out to the engine room and turns turbines that propel the ship or make electricity. As the steam goes thru the turbines it condenses and goes back to the steam generator and turned into steam again by the primary loop.
As steam demand increases (answering a higher bell to push the main engine turbine faster) the water in the primary loop is cooled more. Colder water is more dense, therefore there is a higher macroscopic cross section of Hydrogen in the water. Hydrogen molecules are roughly the same atomic weight as a neutron. Fission occurs when neutrons collide with other neutrons and split, but there are fast neutrons and thermal neutrons. Fast neutrons will collide with too much speed and glance off of each other so you must slow them down to turn them into thermal neutrons. When a fast neutron collides with a hydrogen atom it slows it down enough to become a thermal neutron. More thermal neutrons mean more collisions and more fission. Therefore colder water causes reactor power to increase.

CigarJeff68

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Miitch

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Here's a fun chemistry one for all you pool owners/lovers!

Chlorinated water has no scent! and does not make a swimmers eyes red. The "Chlorine" smell derives from Chloramines, which are a result of Chlorine reacting with pollutants (or minerals from tap water) in the surrounding body of water.

The "red eye" especially, comes more so from the byproduct of potassium in urine and reacting with the chlorine in the water. So if you see swimmers with very red eyes, best steer clear of that pool!

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
You're more likely to be killed by a cow or a vending machine than a shark.

galonuscct

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
You can prick you finger, but you can't finger your prick.