• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Interesting take on electric boats

IMHO.. That's an ugly boat! :D

IMHO.. That's an ugly boat! :D
Man, I'm completely on the other side.

I like that drop point bow shape, the high sides, and the clean/simple lines on it. Colors aren't great, but it fits the feel of the boat and aren't absurdly bad.

Missed an opportunity to not put some solar panels on that roof. I think some fold down seating in the back with a Scarab style "tailgate" would be a good move.

Really curious what propulsion system they use here. I'm guessing inboard with a single prop and rudder, but who knows.

The Eelex 8000 is an existing model. The article is about something new that will be disclosed September 1st.

More info on the Eelex 8000 at https://xshore.com/us/eelex-8000 . With a 30 knot top speed and 100 knot range at 20 she seems to be a quite capable boat. I expect the price is quite high but as Li batteries are replaced or supplemented with more efficient energy storage prices should come down.

The Eelex 8000 is an existing model. The article is about something new that will be disclosed September 1st.

More info on the Eelex 8000 at https://xshore.com/us/eelex-8000 . With a 30 knot top speed and 100 knot range at 20 she seems to be a quite capable boat. I expect the price is quite high but as Li batteries are replaced or supplemented with more efficient energy storage prices should come down.
Just configured one......$353k......Ouch......But it sure is pretty :D

I kind of like the looks of it. It seems like hybrid power would be safer for a boat. Drive on electric for a while, and have fuel as well. I think everyone would feel better with a hundred miles of battery power, and the ability to fuel up.

That is nice
Videos of the existing model (shown in that article's pictures) show a very wet and rough ride. Seems like it was designed more to look good than to perform well. Hopefully the new model fixes those issues.
I like it wet and rough. Oh wait, what are we talking about?

To me, that's ugly..

Also, I don't get what it's for. Youre not going offshore fishing in it. Youre not gonna be tuning with it. Can you wakesurf maybe with it? Maybe.

It looks to me like it's a "be out on the lake and maybe fo a.little lake fishing" kinda boat. But it costs as much as a house. Why would someone buy this vs a very nice deck boat or pontoon or 27 foot yammie or literally all 3 and still save a bunch money?

It is a Swedish boat designed for rough water and deep pockets. I expect it will do well with the target market.

It is a Swedish boat designed for rough water and deep pockets. I expect it will do well with the target market.
Agreed.

@BlkGS
You buy this because you want it, not because it makes sense. Rich people have the luxury of ignoring logic for the vast majority of their existence. If I had the cash, this (or the Electric Nautique) is what I would buy.

Sadly, I don't have the cash.

Back