• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Intermediate Housing - Too Much Grease

tsmith1234

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
New owner here. I'm thinking I might have put too much grease into my intermediate housing. I was reading this could create problems with the seals so was wondering if its possible to remove some of the grease.

Any suggestions? Would temporarily removing the hose that connects to the intermediate housing release pressure by pushing out excess grease?

mwalker4

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Don't do anything. If you caused a problem it's too late, but you probably haven't caused a problem. What makes yoi think you have a problem?

tsmith1234

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Don't do anything. If you caused a problem it's too late, but you probably haven't caused a problem. What makes yoi think you have a problem?
Got it. It could be me being paranoid, I was having an issue with the grease gun and lost track of how much I put in.

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
One pump equals 1CC.

kjr6306

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yeah, from what I understand, if you pumped too much grease in you have already blown out the seals.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other