• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

Intro Trailer Mule

Keith Hebert

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not much of a boating season for me. I have been working a lot on V2 of the trailer mover I made to park my boat behind my house. This is a better design and much much stronger version of the one I built last year. I am extremely happy with it. The boat is an AR210 full tank and all my gear aboard. About 4k lbs...

Here is a video..

Very nice. Looks like something battle bots (robot fighting tv show)

Very nice. Looks like something battle bots (robot fighting tv show)
Funny, I was thinking the same thing! That is really cool! It also looks like some of the remote units used to tow aircraft around. How do you determine the maximum grade this can handle (up or down)? It works like a champ in the parking lot; but if a driveway has a slope to it at some point I could see a runaway boat! My neighbor has a tight drive and garage. He uses the trailer valet and I cringe when he has to rotate the trailer in place and skids the tires like that. It poses a question, "how tight is too tight of a turn for our trailers?"

What about off road use? This is where I store my boat( actually back farther now ) and it has a little grade to it.

20150901_192058-jpg.28481

@Keith Hebert , Are you taking orders for this or the first version?

I haven't tested on sloops yet but I think it would do as well as any other mover. I will be finding a location to test this very soon. As for off-road I'm using turf tires, tires found on riding mowers, I don't think there's a problem there. The chain drive can hold up to dirt and debris like any other chain drive system, dirt bike, goKart, etc.. Also, the electronics are enclosed. I would LOVE to build and sell these but buying materials at retail, i cannot build and sale for less than 2k. I'm working on getting funding to by in bulk at wholesale which will bring the cost down considerably. I love using this thing, it makes parking and retrieving my boat a breeze. I have various methods of control, RC being my favorite, but I can do smartphone, PC, web, remote location with first person video (FPV), follow me, and limited autonomous. Until i tighten up my code, RC is the safest right now.

Funny, I was thinking the same thing! That is really cool! It also looks like some of the remote units used to tow aircraft around. How do you determine the maximum grade this can handle (up or down)? It works like a champ in the parking lot; but if a driveway has a slope to it at some point I could see a runaway boat! My neighbor has a tight drive and garage. He uses the trailer valet and I cringe when he has to rotate the trailer in place and skids the tires like that. It poses a question, "how tight is too tight of a turn for our trailers?"

Yuup! skiding the tires around like that isn't good for the tires, wheels, or axles. I did it to show the power of the system.

Amazing power indeed! I can't get mine to pivot even on my wet epoxied garage floor without my F150. I was thinking of something like these two.
https://www.mototok.com/tugs/ground-handling-companies-mro-fbo-airlines
http://smartug.com/
Keep in mind things for things that fly sell at 10x the normal price of thing that stay here on Earth, so there may still be market share for you to get some specialized sales to fund the mass market volume leap to get cost down to something reasonable for land based sea(lake) people versions. Could be a bad thought; but a thought.

Amazing power indeed! I can't get mine to pivot even on my wet epoxied garage floor without my F150. I was thinking of something like these two.
https://www.mototok.com/tugs/ground-handling-companies-mro-fbo-airlines
http://smartug.com/
Keep in mind things for things that fly sell at 10x the normal price of thing that stay here on Earth, so there may still be market share for you to get some specialized sales to fund the mass market volume leap to get cost down to something reasonable for land based sea(lake) people versions. Could be a bad thought; but a thought.

Those things are confusing to me. Building useful tools is what i do best. I've done that my entire career.

Ever watch the show shark tank?

Not much of a boating season for me. I have been working a lot on V2 of the trailer mover I made to park my boat behind my house. This is a better design and much much stronger version of the one I built last year. I am extremely happy with it. The boat is an AR210 full tank and all my gear aboard. About 4k lbs...

Here is a video..

Holy cow - this is fantastic!
I seriously hope you can start making those for sale.

--

Holy cow - this is fantastic!
I seriously hope you can start making those for sale.

--
For real. Count me in on an order. That's very impressive!

I agree with @jcyamaharider . An off road test would be useful to see if it has enough mass/power to push a 24' boat into a back/side yard, where many people put their boats. It looks like a nice product, but not all users have a flat paved surface to move/park on. But maybe your target on the first generation should be flat pavement until revenue starts pouring in.

So, ball park, how much would it cost to put one of these together if you had to purchase everything?

My wild ignorant guess is $2k

Very curious. Thanks for sharing!

Yeah the pricing on those links leads me to believe that they are probably more for commercial use. At those capacities, that's pretty expensive for individual use on 1 trailer, unless you just have an incredibly tight spot you have to fit into, or are smart enough to build your own.

working on some new videos of inclines and off road. be back soon...

Back