• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

Want To Buy Iphone 5 or 5S unlocked verizon

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
My daughter wants a phone upgrade from her 4S and my wife needs to replace her iphone 4 so I was hoping to find a 5 or 5s in decent shape from someone that has upgraded to the 6. It needs to be unlocked (as long as your contract is met, Verizon will normally do it with just a phone call).

We use page plus and buy good used phones every few years or when necessary. I've had my android phone for about 4 years now and it's still going strong. It has to be a verizon version phone though. I'll even make an offer on one with broken glass.

Anyone upgrading to the iphone 6 this holiday season?

Last edited:

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'll keep a look out on the base for sale FB page there is always some people trying to sell phones on there.

I've got a iPhone 3s I'll sell you;-)

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I'll keep a look out on the base for sale FB page there is always some people trying to sell phones on there.

Ha Ha....I might take the 3 just to pull an evil prank on Christmas morning!.

Thanks Waylon.

BTW this is what sunset in Hawaii looks like right now:

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Changed it a little, a 5 would also be fine. I realized the 5s has only been out a year, not many people done with that contract.

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Reuse the 3 as a media player ? I have been meaning to try and jailbreak my sons old iPod touch since I can't find my old droid 2. Think compact audio source that can stream tunes on pandora without all the bulk.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Reuse the 3 as a media player ? I have been meaning to try and jailbreak my sons old iPod touch since I can't find my old droid 2. Think compact audio source that can stream tunes on pandora without all the bulk.
That's pretty much what it's used for now, it just has music on it and a couple games for the kid.

BravoMike

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I use my old iPhone 4 as a media player on the boat...blue-tooth. Put the newer phone away so it does not accidentally go in the water. GPS works as well if needed.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I went from a 4 to a 6 recently on their free trade in program. Had my 4 for several years with no issue. Cracked the glass on my 6 5 days in..

Changing the glass is fairly easy on a 5. I havent seen it available on the 6 yet

Tell me: what exactly does "unlocked" mean. I see it often on CL items

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Unlocked simply means you can program it for us on other networks other than Verizon as long as the phone is capable of the other networks technology. I researching, I came across some info that says the Iphone 5 on Verizon isn't locked at all so it may not be necessary to have it "unlocked".

For example, with most Verizon phones, if you travel overseas like I do, you have to get Verizon to unlock most phones so you can put in a sim card for the country you are going to so you can use the phone there.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Got a deal on 2 5s phones from a member of the Tundra forum I frequent. Thanks all....My wife and daughter will be thrilled.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
@justason i cracked my iPhone 6 screen two weeks in. I recently took it to our Apple Store and they had it replaced within an hour for $109. $79 if you have apple care. From what they were telling me... There is actually a machine of some sort they use to replace these 6 screens.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Wow, that sucks. I've replaced a bunch of 4 and 4s screens for friends. They are actually pretty easy if you take your time. Hopefully the 5s screens will be replaceable if there is an incident. One of the phones has applecare until the end of next year so that one will definitely be my daughters. I think I got a decent deal. Two mint 5s phones one 32gb and one 64gb, one with applecare until the end of next year for 700.00 shipped.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Here's a video for replacing the 6's screen.....Don't be intimidated, take a stab at it next time.