• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

iPhone 6 plus

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
does anyone use the iPhone 6 plus or have experience with it? I am set on iPhone since my whole family uses it and while the 6 plus is much larger than my current 4, I think it might be nice for travel, business, and general use.

Any ideas? Is it too big to work with?

My son has the 6 (which is bigger than my 5s) and my wife has the 6plus.
For me - I think the 6 Plus is just to big.

I have an iphone 6plus. I love it, but in hind sight, I would have gone for the 6, which is a perfect size for both form and function. My son has the 6 and it's much more comfortable to hold, and you will still really appreciate the larger screen size compared to your 4.

I agree. My daughter has the 4s. Tremendous size difference from the 4 to the 6. Big size difference from my 5 to his 6.

I have the 6+ and love it. It is just the right size to replace my iPad. So, I only use iPad for movies on plane now

My wife finally got a new phone and she went from a iPhone 4 to the 6plus. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 that I've had for more than a year and love it. She has seen the me enjoy the size benefit with mine and decided she could use a larger phone. Mine and the 6 + are the same size with a 5.7 inch screen. When I first got mine she said that it was too big. And now she's obviously come around with that idea.

I have a 6+ purely for the reason of the better battery life. My wife has a 6, and with us using both the same amount, my battery is about 35% better than hers (if not more). I always use 2 hands w/ my phones though, so the size isn't such an issue.

Depends on how you use your phone. The plus is great for two handed manipulation but can be troublesome trying to operate it one handed while multitasking. The plus can be an issue if you are a tight jean wearing person and put your phone in the front pocket. It will fit but becomes easy to bend the phone while leaning on something.

I'm on a 5s, wife and son are on a 6s. I tried to talk one into getting a 6+ but they refused bc they were too big. Our friend uses 6+ and loves it after getting used to it. It's a two hand phone for most women.

Here is a link to a post with several pics of the various phones next to each other including some next to a galaxy.

https://jetboaters.net/threads/iphone-6-or-6-plus.4715/#post-79579

My daughter has the plus and loves it, but as with most ladies they put their phones into a handbag/purse. As Murf Mentions, putting in trouser/pants pocket you'll feel uncomfortable, for the wrong reasons ;).

I have a 5C because my phone is really just for use as a communication device, I even dropped it yesterday onto a concrete floor and being plastic it just bounced a few times with no real damage. A big grevence with Apple is the lack of memory, I haven't been able to update my phone for the last year :(.

Thanks all for the feedback and this was real helpful. I will go with the 6 over the 6+ at this point. The more I read, the plus was called a Phablet (phone/tablet) and I use the iPad for times when I want to use 2 hands.

Back